• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm looking to start playing Golf!

You bought all that for almost what you could have bought a used set of another brand for...and you didn't even get clubs. So did you win? Yea I guess if you're going to be a caddy.
I was checking Craigslist and the prices they have for used sets are crazy, I found one set so far I might like =] Pretty good set at that. So I got a new bag at a pretty great price.. if you do the math I got the bag for 60 the glove and hats for 10 each. (I was going to buy hats regardless) so yes, I got a great deal. ;)

You might have a little trouble finding a decent set of used left handed clubs just because there are fewer left handed players to begin with. Whatever you do, I'd recommend sticking with a set that has steel shafts and runs from 3 iron to Pitching Wedge. You can play around with higher loft wedges or hybred clubs down the line. I wouldn't spend too much on a putter or driver, because chances are you'll end up replacing both several times before you get one you like - you'll probably stick with the irons for a while, so it makes sense to spend a few more bucks there.

Check out the Callaway preowned store:

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/big-bertha-x-12-irons/irons-bb-x12,default,pd.html

Also I'm not too sure because I am a Righty but you may have got the wrong glove... Anyone else know for sure?

Just ask me questions. Know all and am awesome at golf. Ping irons, Rocketballz driver, Scotty Cameron putter, michlob light, any Arturo Fuentes, and a cigar minder...eBay, Craigslist, PGA superstore.

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Alright guys.. while thrifting I came across a booth at an antique mall that sold nothing but golf things.. I got a package deal of this Callaway golf bag, Callaway glove, Callaway couple hats and balls for $90 (all brand new btw) tell me I'm not a good bargain hunter ;D I might get a set of clubs from the guy but he leant me a couple clubs to try out. What a nice guy![/background]
photo115.jpg

photo213.jpg

Nice score on the bag/glove/hat deal.

Also I'm not too sure because I am a Righty but you may have got the wrong glove... Anyone else know for sure?

I was thinking the same thing.

Alright guys I got my first set it consists of Titleist irons, Pinemeadow hybrid, TaylorMade drivers, and some no name putter (I'll get a better one later). I just traded for a straight razor, and I already made the money back from the accesories (bag, gloves, hats, balls) so total money spent.. $0 ;D
(I found out I like to play right handed better)
photo117.jpg

photo215.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo49.jpg

Edit: punctuation.

Golf clubs hold their value worse than domestic cars...
Thats why I got them for free ;)

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Alright guys.. while thrifting I came across a booth at an antique mall that sold nothing but golf things.. I got a package deal of this Callaway golf bag, Callaway glove, Callaway couple hats and balls for $90 (all brand new btw) tell me I'm not a good bargain hunter ;D I might get a set of clubs from the guy but he leant me a couple clubs to try out. What a nice guy![/background]
photo115.jpg

photo213.jpg

Nice score on the bag/glove/hat deal.

I was thinking the same thing.
Already updated. I chose to golf righty, it feels more confortable.. I also play guitar righty.

Not a bad starter set.

My dad is the same way, does everything left handed but golfs right handed.

Not a bad starter set.

My dad is the same way, does everything left handed but golfs right handed.
Nice, Yea I'm left hand dominant but for some reason I like golfing, playing my guitar, and throwing a football righty.. lmao.

Great pick up for a starter set. The 975 driver is a classic, and at 11.5* will be a good beginner driver.

I remember going through about 10 975's when I played in college. I would get tired of playing a certain loft/shaft and because we got them so cheap, I'd just order another. Those were the days.

Great pick up for a starter set. The 975 driver is a classic, and at 11.5* will be a good beginner driver.

I remember going through about 10 975's when I played in college. I would get tired of playing a certain loft/shaft and because we got them so cheap, I'd just order another. Those were the days.
Very nice and thanks! I can't wait to go golfing at Herman Park in the museum district of Houston. I started putting a bit and I hit the ball with my driver once already.. lol I just need to work on my posture and swing a bit.

TAKE A LESSON!!!

I can not emphasis this enough.

editted to add:

or 2 or 3- grib posture, balance, focus, relax. It's in theprocess not the result, have fun.

TAKE A LESSON!!!

I can not emphasis this enough.

editted to add:

or 2 or 3- grib posture, balance, focus, relax. It's in theprocess not the result, have fun.
Thanks man! I plan to take a few lessons!

I second the lessons. Learn how to swing the right way before you develop bad habits. I wish I had done this and didn't have to spend the last 3 years unlearning what I was doing the first 10.