• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

I worked my last day January 30th.  Now you guys have to keep working to support my social security.  I applied for Disability today.  It takes 5 months to start receiving it.  I can't earn over $1070.00 / month until then.  I am using the time I now have to try to get the things done that are necessary to take care of my wife when I am gone.  Prepping the house for sale is the major one.  I am heading to Florida next week for about 12 days.  Maybe a little warmth will help me feel a little better.  Next chemo is Tuesday at the VA.  Certainly will be a new experience.

Take care guys.  You're great.

Steve

Stay Strong Steve!  I heard a rumor that on Monday a palm tree saw its shadow...That means another 6 weeks of Florida!  Enjoy the warmth of the sun down south.

Thanks for the update Steve, soak up that warm down in Florida and keep fighting.

Enjoy your stay in Florida....nuce and warm weather always helps me feel better...hope it helps you too....

Take care, stay strong...

Gianni

Welcomed back from Florida trip with 5" of snow last night and today.  I am sorry I didn't update before I left.  I Received my chemo at the VA Tuesday, then left Wednesday (Feb 11th) morning for Florida.  I took my tablet, but it is horrible about communicating with blogs and websites.  The first VA chemo wasn't too bad other than the lack of organization.  We'll see how it goes from here.  I am still feeling pretty good and am staying as positive as possible.  I have a great wife that is hanging tough with me.  I enjoy reading your posts and will continue to update this thread as long as I am able.

Thanks for your support!

Steve

Glad you enjoyed Florida.  Keeping you in our thoughts every day.

Glad to hear that. Stay strong brother we are with you.

There are more here pulling for you than you may understand!

Keep kicking!

T

Thanks to all of you that are still supporting me.  I value you more than you may know!

I had a PET scan last week which (confusing) shows I am still stable.  The confusing part is that there was no comparison done with the previous (Non-VA) scan.  So in reality, until next chemo (April 14th) I am not positive what truly is going on.  I really don't feel much worse but those pictures tell my whole story and until they are verified, I won't know.  Chemo at VA yesterday went ok.  It is great that I am a Vet.  I really don't know how I would have made the transition from insured to disabled (medicare) without it.  Lucky!

Thanks all........have a stick with me sometime.  I will be with you in spirit!

Steve

Good to hear from you Steve! I will have a stick for you in the next day or so!