• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

I got to meet my 1st granddaughter 3 weeks ago (we have 5 grandsons) an hour after she was born. So that was a goal I was pleased to have met

This right here is reason enough to live life 3 weeks at a time.

Continue to send my thoughts to you and yours, looking fwd to the next update!

T

Thanks for the update. Still sending our thoughts and prayers.

Completed treatment #10 today.  Nothing really new to report. I will have a PET scan the 9th of December to check for changes.  Until then...........Thanks for checking in.

Steve

Glad to hear from you Steve, you and yours have a great Thanksgiving. Still thinking of you.

**edit for spelling**

Steve, thanks for updating us brother and I hope you get some good news on the 9th. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Keep up the good fight, Steve.  Keeping you in our thoughts.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Steve!  Keep it up!  Let me know if I could help in any way.

Thanks Guys.  Currently I am trying to find a way to retire, but with medical costs (one of the IVs I get is $16,000.00 per 3 weeks) I am having to dance everywhere to get it done.  I am asking the VA for medical help and Social Security to help by letting me draw disability.  Hoops, nothing but Hoops!  You work 50 years, and serve your country in a combat role and still can't get things done.  Oh well, it keeps life interesting (Yah, right).  :laugh:

Steve

Do you have a disability rating?  Have you looked into the DAV?  Not sure if they can help, but if you need help fighting the VA, those are the people you want on your side.

I forget what it's called,(mesothelioma?) but do you have the type of cancer that's caused by asbestos? This could be service connected. Navy ships are notorious for asbestos exposure.

Doc

I am meeting with the Vet Rep Tuesday.  We'll see what happens.  I have a letter from the oncologist, maybe that will help.  I am trying to get another appointment with Social Security now.  (I think next Friday).  I am old enough for retirement, but as I said because of health costs, either I keep working until I'm 65 (which may or may not be possible) or get disability so I can get at least a little relax time in.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I will try everything I can to retire.  Worst case I will try to work out a part-time deal with my employer which will enable me to maintain cobra for at least a while.

Thanks for the updates.  I hope everything works out so you can draw disability (or retirement) and have some relax time while you are kicking cancer's ass!

Thanks for the updates. Often, the staff for your current US senator, or congressman can help get things done with VA. I have been pleasantly surprised at some of the anecdotal assistance things I have heard. Also, if I understand correctly, disability is handled at the state level (where I reside, anyhow) and I have personally known of incidents where state legislators got involved to help with red tape. You might wish to consider contacting some of these individuals. The worst they can do is say there's no way they can help and the upside might be a pleasant surprise. Please consider that often, helping constituants out with this sort of thing is something they frequently do, and may well be very good at. Regardless, I appreciate your updates and your attitude.

I haven't been around enough, but thanks for the updates Steve, and I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one!

Next week I have a PET scan (Tuesday), a visit to the VA (Monday) for a blood work up and a consult with them (Thursday).  Wednesday I will get my normal Avastin treatment and get the results of the current PET scan.  I'll let everyone know what's up Wednesday (Dec 10th).  Thanks for your continued support.

Steve