• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm sportin' wood

JimK said:
Moki, what did you order?
[snapback]210822[/snapback]​

A cabinet humidor from Petroglyph designs.... supposed to be done mid-August, but I've the feeling it will be a while longer than that.

I received this humidor as a gift from my girlfriend. As you can see I was a little worried about the RH levels and temperature, but they have stabilized at around 67% and around 71-73 degrees. It's pretty money, I only have around 45 sticks in there right now, but I should have around 60 after golfgar's care package comes :)

I sure hope not. But I have eight boxes incoming, plus three desktops worth of singles to put in there, so yeah, you might be right.

I'm good at Tetris, though, so I can probably squeeze quite a few boxes in there.

JK

nice piece there, and best of luck. i have a great furniture polish to use on darker wood, it is sold at home depot in the paint department ,and is a little expensive, but it goes a long way. Homer Formby's Almond Luster is the name of it, runs about 10 bucks for a 7oz can. I have solid cherry bedroom furnishings and it really brings out the grains in the cherry as well as deepens the color. looks like it will work well on the color and wood you have there. good luck with it!

WOW! Beautiful...never had penis envy before, but this...well, I guess, you can call it humi envy.

That is probably one of the most beautiful cabinets I have ever seen.

Very nice!

Rob_K,

Do they make it for mahogany?

Wasch,

Thanks!

Strayvector,

I have envied many cabinets that people have posted pictures of on Cigarpass, so I had to have one!

I am at work, and I miss it quite desperately. It has been seasoning for three days, and you all know what that means...ALMOST TIME FOR THE LOAD IN!!!!

JK

JimK said:
Rob_K,

Do they make it for mahogany?

Wasch,

Thanks!

Strayvector,

I have envied many cabinets that people have posted pictures of on Cigarpass, so I had to have one!

I am at work, and I miss it quite desperately. It has been seasoning for three days, and you all know what that means...ALMOST TIME FOR THE LOAD IN!!!!

JK
[snapback]211424[/snapback]​

i have used it on a mahogany piece that i have, works great. Works great on any dark wood, works on light ones as well. protects and puts oils back into the wood. :thumbs:
patience grasshopper...patience.

1076439254_hititiwould.jpg

WOWIE ZOWIE!
I'll bet YOU'RE the one who's gonna make sure coasters are used when putting a glass down on that baby!
Enjoy!

Well, I did the load in today. I waited seven days for it to properly season. That has got to be a record around here.

She look smuch prettier with cigars in her. The drawers look especially nice with all my singles and fivers neatly stored in the partitions.

I decided to let it run at 67% humidity and 70 degrees for a while and see how things go. I had the temperature set at 68, but it seems to run pretty often. My house is usually around 79 degrees, so this is only a 9 degree delta. Bob said it tested well for 20 degrees delta, so this should not be too much of a strain.

It is nice to reach in there and feel the cool air, and know the precious are basking in their own air conditioned glory. I had to drive up to Orlando tonight, so I had the pleasure of picking a "driving" cigar from the new humi for the first time. I went with a Punch Punch, for those who are curious!

JK

Hey Jim, I just wanted to let you know that your beautiful cabinet was the inspiration (in a small way) for my new Aristocrat Mini that I got bombed with by BOTL.org

AThingofBeauty_526166.jpg

After seeing those pictures, I'M now sporting wood. :blush: