• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In regard to politics

Just that certain topics lately seem to dangerously skirt the no politics rule. I’ve seen a few about the NFL in the past in regards to Brian Flores, the Rooney Rule, etc. I’m not saying that these aren’t the hard conversations and debates we should be having (race & politics), but this is the one place I want to count on coming to and not have to deal with all that BS. I rarely post on Facebook anymore because of all the angry morons there, some of which I considered my friends. It would be a shame to let that happen here.
Maybe I am missing something. What does Brain Flores have to do with politics? So the NFL and peoples genders are off basis. What other subjects are not allowed?

TBH, I don't like the thought of having to tip toe around what someone else deems political, just because they have politized it in their mind. I don't want to live in an echo chamber either, if I did I would have never joined the forum in the first place and I certainly would not be active on it. I like hearing others opinions, even if I disagree. And for the record I disagree... But for my own interest, does someone want to give an example of what is considered politics around here, since it seems it's more than just politics? A persons gender is NOT politics to me, that's just biology or lack there of.

What I’ve found in my years here, it’s way easier to get upset at someone’s post or their perceived “attitude”, because it’s hard to show inflection. Being an online community, physical barriers present huge challenges.

For instance, we all could sit around a campfire and have the same discussions, with different results. It’s easier to see your emotion or facial expressions when we’re in person. It’s also harder to get upset at someone in person, at least in my experience. Way easier to get pissed at someone online, but also way harder to forgive someone online as well. It was way easier when these things didn’t exist and if we had a problem, we fought it out, then had a beer together.

What I’ve found in my years here, it’s way easier to get upset at someone’s post or their perceived “attitude”, because it’s hard to show inflection. Being an online community, physical barriers present huge challenges.

For instance, we all could sit around a campfire and have the same discussions, with different results. It’s easier to see your emotion or facial expressions when we’re in person. It’s also harder to get upset at someone in person, at least in my experience. Way easier to get pissed at someone online, but also way harder to forgive someone online as well. It was way easier when these things didn’t exist and if we had a problem, we fought it out, then had a beer together.
Brandon I could never stay mad at you. Us Texans owe you OK guys are livelihood, you guys are the only reason Texas doesn't fall into the Gulf of Mexico. :p

Maybe I am missing something. What does Brain Flores have to do with politics? So the NFL and peoples genders are off basis. What other subjects are not allowed?
Its only political when someone makes the leap that "the reason you think that way is because your a republican/democrat"

I commented how stupid it is to sue your employer (Brian Flores) because you didnt get your way. Some wanted to get butt-hurt and make the leap to my comment being racist.

Some people are happier when they are butt-hurt and lashing out.

I have to Agree with Aaron.

To me political is simple as I like republicans or democrats and hate others. Same for religion.

Even discussing the topics that one or another party is endorsing - in a civil thoughtful conversation and not spewing hate - is simply exercising your right to think freely and intelligently. This is what this country was founded upon and what created progress for many generations

If you want to know what impression and fear of expressing your mind is. Just read up on Stalin, Russian gulags and take a flight to Russia it’s history repeating itself again and again
Would you say the comments about trans kids in the other thread aren't spewing hate?

Would you say the comments about trans kids in the other thread aren't spewing hate?
Justin I don't think that is fair to Dan at all. He was not posting about a particular post in another thread and you certainly didn't bring that post up until know. I think Nathan is spot on, if you got something to say and a post upset you, stop beating around the bush and say it.

Justin I don't think that is fair to Dan at all. He was not posting about a particular post in another thread and you certainly didn't bring that post up until know. I think Nathan is spot on, if you got something to say and a post upset you, stop beating around the bush and say it.
Wasn't directed at Dan, I actually completely agree with what he's saying.

You make a fair point, but I don't know how to address them (there's way more than one) without going down a rabbit hole that doesn't belong on CP, so I will just respectfully bow out of it.

Wasn't directed at Dan, I actually completely agree with what he's saying.

You make a fair point, but I don't know how to address them (there's way more than one) without going down a rabbit hole that doesn't belong on CP, so I will just respectfully bow out of it.
Ok that was confusing because you quoted Dan. My bad...

I am against hatred or oppression of any kind. I think 99% of all members here realize which things could offend others. It’s also my hope that none of the things said here by long time members were meant to hurt or disrespect anyone on purpose.

Sometimes comments or jokes could be viewed in a negative way without that being intended. Let’s just continue on our merry way of being cigar smoking friends that we are and maybe clear the air in PMs.

I really enjoy seeing happy smoky drunk faces on VHERFs Well @JoeMO sometimes seems upset at the world but what the hell it suits him 😉

I am against hatred or oppression of any kind. I think 99% of all members here realize which things could offend others. It’s also my hope that none of the things said here by long time members were meant to hurt or disrespect anyone on purpose.

Sometimes comments or jokes could be viewed in a negative way without that being intended. Let’s just continue on our merry way of being cigar smoking friends that we are and maybe clear the air in PMs.

I really enjoy seeing happy smoky drunk faces on VHERFs Well @JoeMO sometimes seems upset at the world but what the hell it suits him 😉
I like cigars!