• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Increasing Aging Rate through Heating

forgot one in the glove compartment of my truck for a couple of months(during the summer so fer sure it got up over 100F)it was in a ziploc.no mold or little horrors but i lit it right away ... it was dry and crackled a bit...after a while it quit crackling and just smoked hot and fast .should have tried rehumidifiing it...was just happy to find a cigar as i had none with me at the time.

derrek :)

incubimmer said:
i highly dont recomend this, after freezing the cigars, the essential oils will very likely be depleted if not gone which will stop ageing all together :0
:lookup: :lookup:

incubimmer said:
ivan37 said:
Anyone keep their cigars that are aging at high temps? The only reason I've ever heard why you shouldn't let them get over 70 F is to prevent beatles, but if you've frozen the cigars is there any reason why you shouldn't keep them at 80, 90, 100 or more? Obviously at some point bad things will start to happen to the cigars, but anyone know what that point is at?

Yeah, yeah - I can wait - I was just putting some cigars away for aging today and it got me thinking...

Thanks
i highly dont recomend this, after freezing the cigars, the essential oils will very likely be depleted if not gone which will stop ageing all together :0
Go back to cigar school before making statements like this, please.