• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insider wine recommendations

You can't go wrong with the DeRose. Fuggin NorCal got me hooked on the sheet. Now, if I can only find some more Negrette. :whistling:

Ree

ree ree robusto said:
You can't go wrong with the DeRose. Fuggin NorCal got me hooked on the sheet. Now, if I can only find some more Negrette. :whistling:

Ree
[snapback]204778[/snapback]​

Ok scrap the white wine idea for a second, wich DeRose reds should I look for, and I'll spend more than $20 on a red.

Fyodor said:
Ok scrap the white wine idea for a second, wich DeRose reds should I look for, and I'll spend more than $20 on a red.
[snapback]204795[/snapback]​

Hold on ..... uhhhhh...... DeRose wines suck, terrible, swill ;)

My favorite DeRose varietals that fill my cellar are Hollywood Red (blend), Negrette (Pinot St. George), and Dry Farmed Zinfandel. We also purchase the Chardonnay, Viogner, and Syrah in smaller quantities. The Hollywood Red #8 was released about 2 months ago and there is some still available, this is one awesome everyday wine. I purchased a case of this and still have a few bottles of the #7 stashed away. I just spoke with the winery and unfortunately the 2003 Negrette, Merlot and Cabernet Franc are sold out at the winery, 2004's will be released in October and it looks like they can ship to Chicago directly from the winery.

The 2004's that I tried were spectacular! I'll be getting at least a case of the Negrette and probably some Dry Farmed Zinfandel and Cab Franc.

I've been cellaring some 1997 Negrette that is peaking right now and it is incredible. So smooth, elegant and balanced. I'm trying to lay down a vertical of Negrette but I love these wines when they are young as well.

Enjoy!
:cool:

So awesome, thanks guys! I'm gonna have to find some of these wines, I looked for them today at Sam's wine store in Chicago , which ussually has everything I look for, but they didn't have them. :( I'm willing to be persistent so I will get my hands on them eventually. :) THANKS!

DeRose may be hard to find b/c it is not one of the bigger vineyards, or b/c NorCal has bought it all up.

Last night after all this talk in this thread I just had to open a bottle, I went with a 2003 Lucia Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir. Lucia is a second label for the Pisoni famiy which produces Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Syrah from . Last nights Pinot was showing beautifully! with a big nose of bright red fruits, and herbs. A lighter color in the glass but a big, full CA Pinot on the palete.

Definately a must try wine for you New World Pinot lovers!

Left work early today to help a buddy of mine pack up his cellar for a move, 48 cases! Of course we had to open a couple stragglers, a 2001 DeRose Dry Farmed Zinfandel and a 2000 Lucia Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot. Both were soooooooo awesome! I'm telling you guys, find the Lucia Pinot and let me know what you think.

Tomorrow I'm headed out to Santa Rosa to help some friends out with bottling their 2004 release.

Oh my goodness!!!! what a day !!! Drank wine with one of the greatest families in the business, the Pisoni's. Turns out that it was Jeff Pisoni's birthday today so we had a catered lunch and sampled all of their 2004 wines including some of the best Syrah's that I've ever had.

One more time, if you can find it .... try it :p

Just received this mailer the other day so I wanted to pass on another fantastic winery, Carlisle Winery & Vineyards. Mike Officer is the winemaker/ owner and offers up some very nice wines, his RRV Carlisle Vineyard fruit makes some of my favorite wines. Carlisle's wines are dificult to come by so I would highly recommend getting on their mailing list.

Since I've turned a few BOTL's here on to the De Rose wines I figured I should let you know that the 04's will be ready this Friday! We're hitting the winery on Sunday to get our Negrette and some rare Late Harvest Old Vine Chardonnay.

If you can find the 2003 Lucia Gary's Vineyard Syrah ..... BUY IT!! not cheap at ~$35 a bottle but this is one awesome wine. I just received my 3 bottle allocation and wish I could get more. Here is just one review that I found online.

2003 Lucia Garys' Vineyard Syrah...A magnificent wine. A jewel in the glass. Just a drop on the tongue will adequately provide the necessary stimulus to write this review. So generously concentrated...so packed with a cornucopia of fruit flavors...where to begin?...this isn't wine, it's ambrosia...yet I don't think the "Gods" would know what to do with it...better suited for us poor mortals who are doomed with a limited terrestrial pull date...wines like this give us a means of taking a sip of eternity. Wonderful...just wonderful.

Norcal, you ever hit up the central coast? I love me some central coast wines, Bailyana is a great example.

Central Coast, like Monterey County? yup ... not my favorite AVA but I have found a few nice ones. Central Coast could also include Santa Cruz Mountains, Cienega Valley, and Santa Lucia Highlands which are currently some of my favorite AVA's.