• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insider wine recommendations

I really like Reynolds Family Winery

tasted then all the last time I was in Napa

NorCalMark,
What are your thoughts on Echelon Vinyards?

We tried a Pinot and Shiraz and were very impressed, considering it sells in the $10-$15 range.....

Link

Lee said:
NorCalMark,
What are your thoughts on Echelon Vinyards?

We tried a Pinot and Shiraz and were very impressed, considering it sells in the $10-$15 range.....

Link
[snapback]248823[/snapback]​

Hope you don't me helping NorCalMark with this Lee,

I tried Echelon Wines earlier this year and was quite impressed especially in that QPR range. The Pinot, which as your probably already aware, is primarily SLH fruit which is currently one of my favorite AVA's. There are some outstanding Pinots being made with SLH fruit, infact most of my cellars Pinot Noir is made up of SLH fruit. Haven't tried their Syrah yet, I scored a killer deal on some Syrah from a friend and am still sitting on a few cases.

:cool:

LOL, I meant you! LOL

Sorry for the name goof! :laugh:

Glad to hear you liked it as well! Great wine, better yet....great value!

Thanks! ;)

Lee said:
LOL, I meant you! LOL

Sorry for the name goof! :laugh:

Glad to hear you liked it as well! Great wine, better yet....great value!

Thanks! ;)
[snapback]248830[/snapback]​

:laugh: no sweat ....

Here's another value Pinot for you to try .... Cambria, Julia's Vineyard. We keep a couple of these around as well.

This is mailing season for wine so all of my good Pinot's are starting to come in. You should see my dining room :0 , looks like a damn wine shop.

Hmmmm, going to a dinner party tomorrow...I'll look for that pinot at the wine store.

;)

Went out to dinner with some friends, they had Echelon Pinot on the menu. You guys made me look like I knew what I was talking about, everyone enjoyed it.

ddepaola said:
Went out to dinner with some friends, they had Echelon Pinot on the menu. You guys made me look like I knew what I was talking about, everyone enjoyed it.
[snapback]249408[/snapback]​

WOOHOO!!! way to go, see the useful stuff you can learn from this place! :thumbs:

Any insider recommendations on the soon to be released Beaujolais Nouveau? I've heard rumors that 2005 is shaping up to be a good year in France (but really, what winemaker says their current vintage is bad).

WRXpilot said:
Any insider recommendations on the soon to be released Beaujolais Nouveau? I've heard rumors that 2005 is shaping up to be a good year in France (but really, what winemaker says their current vintage is bad).
[snapback]249561[/snapback]​

Sorry man .... my French wine knowledge is very limited but let me see what I can find out about the Boeaujolais Nouveau release. I have my Wine and Food Pairing class tonight so I'll ask around.

Didn't get many glowing recommendation on the 2005 Boeaujolais Nouveau, but then again many of my wino friends aren't really into them. Our Chef, who is also a huge wino, doesn't even recommend Boeaujolais Nouveau when there are so many other wines available. Go figure, sory I couldn't be more help.

Last night we tried a 2002 DuMOL RRV Pino Noir .... very nice RRV Pinot with a nice floral yet earthy nose with a pleasing palate stimulating spiciness. Letting this sit in the glass for 1/2 and hour really brought this wine out. But at $75 a bottle :0 , I won't be drinking this on a regular basis.