• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insomnia

Cheekie

Yeah fuggers, I am still around!
For whatever reason My head will not SHUT UP !!!
Yeah, Yeah here come the crazy jokes! :p
I have tried it all! warm milk, Tyl PM, I have just resorted to going through my drawers and dumping stuff. But am now bored of that as well. Damn TV has nothing to offer, reading doesn't hold my attention tonight. Was wondering if anyone out there is plauged with the same malaise.

Wow, you all are still up?

You all are on the East Coast...it's 5:00 am there?

Dang, you both really have insomnia!

It's only 2:00 am here.

Insomnia? I thought it was normal to live on 4 hours of sleep a night....... :D :thumbs: :p

I'd try to go to sleep if I didn't have to be at work in 15 minutes....

Get yourself some ambien. It's the only things that has worked for me.

I really hate it when I get struck with episodes of insomnia. I know exactly what you mean when you say your head will not shut up. Hang in there, it won't last forever.

fifteen minutes to get ready for work, yep that's when i start to get sleepy. lol! it' just wonderful to be sixty!

I have never tried it personally, but I have heard a lot of praise about Ambien, might want to give that a try like Seamus said..

Seamus said:
[snapback]237633[/snapback]​

ok, getting personal here... do you exercise at all? It seems that when I do some pretty strenuous cardio type exercise early in the evening, say 5-6 pm, and REALLY break a sweat, I tend to start slowing down about 10 or so. I don't have any problem sleeping after that. I think it has something to do with relieving stress, which is why most folks can't sleep.. stressing about something.
true confession time... I'm normally up until about 12, have to be up at 5-ish.. what does that tell you about how often I exercise?
"pot, this is kettle, kettle, this is pot."
It was just a thought....

hornetguy said:
ok, getting personal here... do you exercise at all? It seems that when I do some pretty strenuous cardio type exercise early in the evening, say 5-6 pm, and REALLY break a sweat, I tend to start slowing down about 10 or so. I don't have any problem sleeping after that. I think it has something to do with relieving stress, which is why most folks can't sleep.. stressing about something.
true confession time... I'm normally up until about 12, have to be up at 5-ish.. what does that tell you about how often I exercise?
"pot, this is kettle, kettle, this is pot."
It was just a thought....
[snapback]237647[/snapback]​

I’m at the gym 5 times a week doing cardio and weight training and I still have problems sleeping, I always have. It’s not stress either as I’ve never really had much. I do think too much though. Every time I close my eyes I start thinking about all the other things I could be getting done instead of sleeping. I find sleep to be a waste of time.

I had that last night too. Very annoying. Must have been something in the air...

Seamus said:
I’m at the gym 5 times a week doing cardio and weight training and I still have problems sleeping, I always have. It’s not stress either as I’ve never really had much. I do think too much though. Every time I close my eyes I start thinking about all the other things I could be getting done instead of sleeping. I find sleep to be a waste of time.
[snapback]237654[/snapback]​

I think if you are laying awake thinking about what you should/could be accomplishing, that's a form of stress.
Let it go, man... :laugh:
Like I said, I do the same thing, except I just don't GO to bed. I stay up until I'm dozing off at the computer, or the t.v. , or whatever I'm doing. I think I'm worried I'll miss something if I go to bed by 10....

Seamus said:
[snapback]237633[/snapback]​
Ambien ROCKS!!! But it's "black labeled" for long term use. I had to switch to Lunesta. Not as good, but still works!!

Don't you hate it when your passed out cold, on the couch, in front of the TV, then you get up to go to bed and your staring at the ceiling the rest of the night. :angry2: :angry2:

I Hate That! :angry2:

I rarely have problems sleeping. I can fall asleep just about anywhere. My problem is with quality sleep. Buton days I want to sleep deep, I pop 2 melatonin about 2 hours before I want to sleep. Then I break out my course material on data/electronic/radio-wave theory and I am tired within 30 minutes. I love my books, but that is some dry sh!t.

Ahhh Cheekie, I was just thinking of you today, Sunday the 16th. The past couple of weeks I have had a bad spell of insomnia myself and found nothing that worked...including excessive drinking before bed. I also gave up the computer for a few days thus not responding to your post till tonight. I also have noticed that I have slowed down during the days lately and that may have a part of me not sleeping so starting tomorrow I will make an extra effort to get more active again and see if that helps. How have you been by the way and I love the name change too, I read why you changed it in another post of yours.