• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

INSURANCE FIRE CLAIM

STYX&STONED

READ MY LIPS!!!!!
Okay guys, check this one out.

It came to me via e-mail from my wife with a warning from her that said,

SWEETIE, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

"This is the best lawyer story of the year, decade and probably the century!!
A Charlotte, NC. lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things. Within a month, having smoked the whole box of rare cigars and without yet having made his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated that the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay the claim, siting the obvious reason: the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.

The lawyer sued....and won!
In delivering the ruling, the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The judge stated never the less, that the lawyer held a policy from the insurance company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is to be acceptable fire, and was obligated to pay the claim.

Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid the $15,000.00 claim to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

Here is the best part!!!!!

After the lawyer cashed the claim check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!!!

With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000.00 fine".

This is a true story and was the 1st place winner in the recent Criminal Lawyers Award Contest!!!

ONLY IN AMERICA!!! NO WONDER THIRD WORLD COUNTRIESTHINK WE'RE NUTS!!!

Just had to share this with you guys incase any of you had any ideas!!!!!!

STYX

Its an urban legend. Just thought you should know.

Cool story anyway. I think Gator was telling me they made a song out of this.

Really old story, but a good one.

If it went as the story states, he most likely would have been brought up on arson charges before he went to court to sue for the insurance check, since he would have had to admitted to that part in the very beginning. Use the same story line, but in place of "cigars" put "house" and see how far he would get in his story. :sneaky:

Why-oh-why, does it not surprise me that someone would try to get away with something like that?!!! ??? It never ceases to amaze me the amount of ignorant and stupid people that we still have left in the world! Problem is I should know this for fact anyway, considering some of the people I work with should have been aborted before the mutants were born!! :sign:

Its really good if you listean to any country at all, check it out on Brad pasley's new CD. Cigar Song :thumbs:

i was wondering when someone would mention snoopes.

Insurance policies are generally written so that deliberate actions on the part of the policyholders cannot trigger payouts. Furthermore, destroying your own property isn't arson, as long as the act isn't intended to defraud anyone. If a court had already ruled that the insurance company was required to pay, then obviously no fraud was committed, and thus the burning could not be considered arson.

yes i know, we've ruined the joke some.