• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interesting obsrvation about Padron 1926's

Kid Montana

Its a cigar that is only average if smoked quickly, but flippin' brilliant if smoked slowly. I tend to smoke quickly and didn't enjoy the first one I'd smoked about a week ago as much as I thought I should. Tonight I'm smoking my second and am taking it a lot slower, letting it rest for a bit between each puff. Its perfectly apparent to me now why these cost so much and are loved by so many.

I keep trying to tell folks to liesurely sip Padron's. The infamous loose draw is perfect for sipping. Two light puffs, one more a tad stronger.

All Padron cigars are like that. They get a bitter profile if you get them hot. Sip on them and you get a whole myriad of flavors.

Every Padron I've ever smoked has had an effortless draw, never tight. So, you really have to pay attention to what you're doing and smoke slowly.

I've found that most cigars, no matter the manufacturer or origin benefit from smoking slower rather than faster. It seems to be the same with pipe tobacco.

Just my experience...

The couple '26's I've had have been awesome. And, need not be said, but the regular X000's are excellent for the money. Next to LFD, Padrons are my favorites.

I've never had a bad Padron. Not even one with the smallest of complaint(s)...and that is why the '26s and '64s are 1 of only 3 or 4 non-cuban cigars I store and smoke.

Quality, construction, taste and draw are absolutely perfect. I love these and am looking forward to blazing a '26 No.9 while teaching a couple other brothers how to play poker later tonight :whistling:

Jeffrey L.

There's a video around here, I think, of Jose Orlando Padron smoking a cigar during an interview.. His technique is quite apparent. He takes a couple very short shallow puffs and immediately blows the smoke out his nose. I found it enlightening and always use his method. I never overheat cigars anymore.

Doc.

This is possibly the video Doc speaks of.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1312377041/bclid1078629812/bctid1076668566?src=rss

I agree with the slow smoking... and gt that's a great video thanks for the link. If you let it go afterward the series of vids after it are good to watch too especially for the new guys :)

Padron 1926's are like a fine wine. They are meant to be enjoyed slowly. If you rush through them, you won't
really be able to get all of the little nuances in the flavor.

I've had the Padron 64, never tried the Padron 26. Might have to pick up a stick. Great video by the way. Interesting to hear that only one person in the factory rolls the 80th anniversary cigar.

I definitely agree. As a fairly new smoker, I was initially smoking most sticks too fast. Even now, I think I smoke a little faster than my friends but not nearly as bad. But I could definitely tell a difference between the 2 '26s that I've smoked as I smoked the first one early on and my second one recently. I definitely enjoyed it much more the second, slower time around.

Last time I was in my local shop there was a younger smoker who lit up a 7x52 or so sized cigar and was done with it in under 45 minutes. That thing could've been made with Halle Berry's G-string and it would've tasted horrible. Best thing I ever learned about cigars is to take your time. I try to make a PC last more than an hour.

Last time I was in my local shop there was a younger smoker who lit up a 7x52 or so sized cigar and was done with it in under 45 minutes. That thing could've been made with Halle Berry's G-string and it would've tasted horrible. Best thing I ever learned about cigars is to take your time. I try to make a PC last more than an hour.

Even OR Halle Berry's G-string will taste like shit if you smoke them too fast.

Or you could just be smoking the wrong end. ;)

Too quick = heat, too much heat = harshness

I've found this true with most cigars and only smoke quickly when I'm finding it tough to keep one lit. I never have this problem with Padron. They make it very easy to take a slow pace and enjoy.

Or you could just be smoking the wrong end. ;)

There is no wrong end of Halle Berry's G-string.

LOL.