• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inventory is a Beeee-iiiiiitch

SD_Stack said:
Call me anal... but I have always wanted to keep an inventory of my smokes. I also like to keep up with trades and purchases and also who I owe cigars to for bombs and lottos and such. I am the most un-organized person in most other ways so I can't understand why this is any different. ??? I guess we know whats important don't we? :p
I felt the same way you did -- in fact, I remember posting a list, and a FOG commenting "I remember when I used to do that"

Well, I've officially given up on keeping a strict inventory. It may be possible once I stop trading/passing but it's just gotten ridiculous at this point. I think I'm adopting a less disciplined approach now. ie, "the cigars are over there" ;)

I use HerferBuddy on my Palm which does most all you said you wanted. If I am smoking a gift and I like it I want to be able to thank the giver again. It also makes list so I can take the Palm into the store and know exactly what I wanted to buy. Even what I paid for it the last time, where, etc.

Also has smoking notes, etc. Quite nice:D

I'm curious how you Excel guys have yous set up. I have an Excel list, but also have a "database."

I use validation lists in each of my columns:

For example, I have a Brand column in my inventory. I also have a "database" (list) of all brands (copied the list from CI and a few other sites). Now when I start a new entry in the brand column, I have a drop-down list with all the brand in my "database." This way I never have to type anything, just lots of clicking :thumbs:

I have a "databases" and therefopre validation lists for Brand, Shape, Domestic (yes/no), Wraper, Retail (list of locations, and N/A), BOTL (Brothers I've dealt with and N/A), Value, Quantity.

I also have non-validated columns for "Extra Info" and "Age."

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
I'm curious how you Excel guys have yous set up. I have an Excel list, but also have a "database."

I use validation lists in each of my columns:

For example, I have a Brand column in my inventory. I also have a "database" (list) of all brands (copied the list from CI and a few other sites). Now when I start a new entry in the brand column, I have a drop-down list with all the brand in my "database." This way I never have to type anything, just lots of clicking :thumbs:

I have a "databases" and therefopre validation lists for Brand, Shape, Domestic (yes/no), Wraper, Retail (list of locations, and N/A), BOTL (Brothers I've dealt with and N/A), Value, Quantity.

I also have non-validated columns for "Extra Info" and "Age."

Cheers,
Dixie
I work with Excel all the time and that is how I would do it if I didn't have the Palm. Still might.