• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPhone, iTouch or Blackberry Storm?

I have the iPhone, the Storm not having WiFi was kind of a deal breaker.

I purchased my first APPLE product a couple weeks ago, an iPhone 3g 16gb. All in all, I really like it. I had a Blackberry (Pearl) for a few months prior, not impressed. I had returned a Samsung BlackJack when I switched to the Blackberry, the Blackjack was a complete mess, IMO.

AT&T is the only provider that works at my home, so AT&T was the only game for me. I've had fairly good coverage with AT&T and when I'm in an area that has 3g, the service works well.

The iPhone is far and away the best internet browsing phone I've ever seen. (A decent comparison) You can actually very easily access this forum, view it and post a message without much problem. The email and wi-fi interface are very nice and easy to set up and use.

Disappointments:

1. I-tunes which is the only means to sync the iphone, on the PC is atrocious. I've heard it is better on the Apple platform, it would have to be.

2. The lock down of the iphone is also a confusion for me. Once connected to your system, it will not allow you to just drag and drop files onto it. Everything has to be walked through I-tunes, which is not intuitive, and often requires the renaming of file extensions etc to force it to allow the file onto the phone.

3. Bluetooth is like-wise locked-down, it will allow you to connect a headset, however not much else. My 4 year old Sony-Ericson allowed me to completely interface my PC to the phone via Bluetooth, included sending SMS messages from my PC via the phone if I choose to, edit and add Contacts, even control my PC from the phone if I felt like it.

4. Along with the bluetooth disappointment is the lack of voice-dialing?? Why not?? I have no idea, and I've been unable to find an after-market application that provides this feature.

5. Lack of native MMS?? Another completely idiotic decision from Apple, IMO any phone with a camera must support MMS.

Well that is my 2 cents. As I said, all in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Disappointments:

4. Along with the bluetooth disappointment is the lack of voice-dialing?? Why not?? I have no idea, and I've been unable to find an after-market application that provides this feature.

Download "Say Who" from the App Store.

Gary you ever pick one of these up?

Nope.

Heck, it took me weeks/months to get a new TV!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did check out an iPhone on Thanksgiving day...very cool. I'm still not ok with AT&T. I'll have to take a look at the Storm again...or just put a 'data plan' on my Treo! :D

I phone all the way. I traded in my bb curve on it and have never looked back. I have never had a single problem with it. You could not ask for somethign more user friendly.

Hell, i can read nola.com in the bathroom!

Disappointments:

Download "Say Who" from the App Store.

I have "SAY WHO".

SAY WHO does not provide hands-free access, you have to pick up the phone, find the app icon, luanch the app and hold the button while speaking the name of the contact into the phone. As compared to every other bluetooth phone on the market that you can press the button on the bluetooth headset while the phone is mounted to my dashboard or in my pocket, and speak the name. A major omission by Apple IMO.

I have had Storm since the day they came out, as it is a corporate phone it was a no brainer for me as well.

My 2 cents...if you are looking for a phone that just works, the Storm is the way to go, thus far for me. Blackberry's have always been rock solid performers, they are just locked down more on the software side than their competitors like I Phones or the Windows/Linux/Misc OS based touch screen phones.

So if you want to play and modify, an I Phone will probably make you happier, if you just want the phone to work without tweaking....go with a Storm...

I don't have time to play with all the different software packages that a phone like Apple made, plus I was less than thrilled at the thought of having to send it in for a new battery or tear the whole phone apart to replace it, in addition the Storm has a removable memory card so I can change them out so that I have music when I am in town and driving around, and movies when I am traveling without the time it takes to load and reload this data.

Gary just a heads up. The new apple software firmware update for the iPhone has a major bug not allowing you to connect to 3g or if it does it will take minutes to. AT&T says they know and will prorate data plan cost until it is fixed.

Edit to add: This was as of early last week and may have been taken care of

I'm a fan of RIM, personally.

I have been wanting a Zune forever. Well, Ms KB decided she wanted an Ipod Touch for Christmas, and when I bought the Generation two 8GB from Best Buy, they gave me a $50 gift card. Well, after hearing me talk about the $50 gift card, she went and pick one up for me, but by the time she got there, they had ran out, and gave her a Generation one 16GB for the price of a 8GB.