• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is anyone in contact with Gator?

John: I got this one from Holts in one of the several Carlito's Way samplers I purchased back in 06. I think I have had about a dozen of these cross my path since their inception.

OK, cool! I didn't want you to have to give it up if that was the case. Would have offered to send one to Joe.

Carry on! :cool:

You can send the one you were going to send to Joe to me.... :whistling:

My understanding is that this isn't the first time gator has disappeared. Perhaps he doesn't value his membership at CP...

Honestly I covered his debt on this in the hopes he would explain himself as an alternative to 'that'. However, if he can take the time to come on and view his PMs/emails and post on a fishing board about wanting to get a camera but he can'[t take the time to reply and rectify this mess I'm not really sure what his reason for being absent is...

Come on Frank..............WTF?

I know you are a busy man......I saw that you say you are out early and in late but it takes 5 minutes to set up a "click-n-ship" account (if you don't already have one) and the box can be left on the porch.

Do the right thing bro

I know you are a busy man......I saw that you say you are out early and in late but it takes 5 minutes to set up a "click-n-ship" account (if you don't already have one) and the box can be left on the porch.

Do the right thing bro

Too late.

Do the right thing bro

Too late.

I guess......

But he could still make it right with Phil.

Just got an email from Frank, he says he will stop by today to square this away.

And hes posting in this thread right now...

I'm sure Frank will take care of it.

And he needs to hold his hands out for the nuns...

My apologys to Phil, ytm, and the board for by taking care of this in a prompt manner. Yes I have a butt load on my plate, and being very adhd, I get very distracted, but its really no excuse for not taking care of this. I know ill get piled on for this, but hey, ill be accountable, let me have it.

Rod, you are wrong about me disappearing when I owe someone, I've never done that before, but I have gotten in a couple pissing matches in the past.

Again, my bad, if Phils addy is I profile ill get that sand shark and some in the mail tomorrow, and post the #

I'm on my blackberry in a tractor, so I'm not going to go on and on about this, but I will rectify this by mailing tomorrow, but if some feel the need to beat on me / this, then by all means go for it.

Frank

Frank, I replied to your email, thanks for stepping up. As I said, lets not do a pile on here... the point is accountability not maliciousness.

I'd like to chime in on the PIF concept, since this is where this started.

Frank sorry you dropped the ball and good on Phil for picking it up.

I don't condone what Frank did by any stretch of the imagination and I'm sure he'll make it right by Phil.

My concern is that sometimes things come up and people don't fulfill their obligations. That is wrong, but by the same token, some times people jump the gun without knowing all the circumstances. I'm all for accountability, but where is the due diligence? Can't you send an PM/e-mail first before shooting from the hip? I know this wasn't the case, but I'm seeing a little to much of it of late.

The PIF is a pretty nice touch here, but sometimes we loose touch in the fact that people get caught up on getting such elusive cigars. What happened about asking for an aged Chateau Fuente or a five year old Padron 2000. Must it always be a Padron Millenium, Opus Maduro, or some such rarity? I also see a lot of folks chastising other about their request or what they are sending/sent. That defeats the intent of what a real Pay it Forward is all about.

Phil, sorry for stepping on your thread, but I thought it was relevant enough to post it here.

YMMV

Anthony

Anthony, I don't disagree but the flip side is that folks shouldn't take on obligations if there's a chance they can't fulfill them. I'm not a fan of piling on either but "stuff happens" or "I got blindsided" or "work has been busy" or whatever is frankly a bit lame.

I completely agree on the PIF choices. Would be nice to see some folks ask for something slightly less unobtainable.

One guy's opinions - B.B.S.

Tom, that is my point exactly, there is always a flip side.

Anthony,

While obviously your concerns don't apply to this particular situation they do apply to general rules of etiquette and board behavior. I agree that we should be attempting private contact before throwing someone in the fire, it is pretty pathetic if our first reaction is to call for a lynching. I also agree with Tom that people should think about their ability to handle responsibilities before assuming them or deal with the consequences. It is indeed disheartening to see that the PIF requests almost always veer towards the absurd. I have been graced with a variety of cigars I never thought I would smoke, primarily due to the generosity of friends on this board, but that didn't happen overnight. It seems like the mentality has shifted from "Good things will come to those who wait" to "Give it to me now". To my mind some of it comes from the fubar economy leading to so many more rare cigars being sold, making it a matter of how much you spend more than who you are and who you know. I think this dynamic has changed people's thinking from starting with what you can get and moving from there to an 'everything is attainable for a price' point of view.

Just my 2c....YBDMV

Anthony,

While obviously your concerns don't apply to this particular situation they do apply to general rules of etiquette and board behavior. I agree that we should be attempting private contact before throwing someone in the fire, it is pretty pathetic if our first reaction is to call for a lynching. I also agree with Tom that people should think about their ability to handle responsibilities before assuming them or deal with the consequences. It is indeed disheartening to see that the PIF requests almost always veer towards the absurd. I have been graced with a variety of cigars I never thought I would smoke, primarily due to the generosity of friends on this board, but that didn't happen overnight. It seems like the mentality has shifted from "Good things will come to those who wait" to "Give it to me now". To my mind some of it comes from the fubar economy leading to so many more rare cigars being sold, making it a matter of how much you spend more than who you are and who you know. I think this dynamic has changed people's thinking from starting with what you can get and moving from there to an 'everything is attainable for a price' point of view.

Just my 2c....YBDMV

Very well put Phil...

As usual, some nice wisdom and good points brought up by Tone, Tom, and Phil...

Divorce, sobriety, awful economy, sale of 1/2 my biz to investors, 500 things go wrong w/ that, partnership agreements, land lease agreements, real estate transactions, crazy as hell ex, basically being a single parent to 3 daughters, and other things kept me pretty busy... Good news is i'm close to 6 mths sober, and line of credit closed today, things are looking up...

That said, still no excuse for dragging ass on fulfilling my obligations, i damn well know i could have carved out a few minutes to get it boxed up and shipped, but i got distracted, still no excuse. In a nutshell, i let the board down, and Phil graciously picked up my mess and i will get it 'fixed' in a way by getting him a box of good loving out tomorrow.

If i've learned anything from AA, it's be accountable for my actions, so again i apologize for causing a ruckus. Haven't been smoking at all, nor buying or selling any cigars, but i hope to get involved back here on the board, not trading or buying, but just being a part of this great community of brothers and sisters...

that and picking on the various college football fans that wish they were Gators, hehe ;) :p

i'll either post the tracking number here tomorrow or email Phil it, seem to have a problem w/ my Blackberry browser here...

As usual, some nice wisdom and good points brought up by Tone, Tom, and Phil...

Divorce, sobriety, awful economy, sale of 1/2 my biz to investors, 500 things go wrong w/ that, partnership agreements, land lease agreements, real estate transactions, crazy as hell ex, basically being a single parent to 3 daughters, and other things kept me pretty busy... Good news is i'm close to 6 mths sober, and line of credit closed today, things are looking up...

That said, still no excuse for dragging ass on fulfilling my obligations, i damn well know i could have carved out a few minutes to get it boxed up and shipped, but i got distracted, still no excuse. In a nutshell, i let the board down, and Phil graciously picked up my mess and i will get it 'fixed' in a way by getting him a box of good loving out tomorrow.

If i've learned anything from AA, it's be accountable for my actions, so again i apologize for causing a ruckus. Haven't been smoking at all, nor buying or selling any cigars, but i hope to get involved back here on the board, not trading or buying, but just being a part of this great community of brothers and sisters...

that and picking on the various college football fans that wish they were Gators, hehe ;) :p

i'll either post the tracking number here tomorrow or email Phil it, seem to have a problem w/ my Blackberry browser here...

You're the Dickweed Frank! :p

Edit to add emoticon.

Assuming Frank gets his stuff out (which I don't doubt he will) I think this can be put to rest. Frank's response here is what I would expect of someone being accountable for their actions and I don't think it was a BS apology. Thanks for being straight up about the situation Frank, I know many here can relate to dealing with life on life's terms when things get tough.

I think it can be put to rest once everything is taken care of. I'll await word this has occurred.