• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is it just me...

I occasionally need grunt assistance while remodeling this condo. A local told me to go to the local "Talk of ...."

I wish I knew how to use FB!

Or perhaps the evil empire that is FB is finally showing significant signs of crumbling...

Facebook has been terminating a lot of cigar related private groups the last couple of years. Especially ones with any perceived sales activity going on in the page.
Exactly John! The people that show up with cigars in hand for sale are exactly that. Looking for places to flip sticks sine FB is cracking down on sales there. Then there's the Cigar Family BB shutting down. All those bulletin board guys from CF that like the BB style group setting are checking CP out looking for a new home. Of course they expect to fit right in and I've seen a few get their feelings hurt and blow up and take off after Jeff says hi.
After I took off myself for greener pastures a decade or so ago for the fast lane FB cigar lifestyle, it was exciting and snap snap fast communicating compared to BB's. But after several years I felt something missing. I mean I developed bonds on FB, but not like the brother hood I once had here at CP. I was like a young adolescent that leaves home ready to party and meet new interesting people and see new things, then parties himself out and needs his hometown pals and family to come back too, where the thick of the people were tried true and proven. So glad Rod kept this place running and all the BoTL stood strong and made this place an even better place to come back to. You all deserve and have my respect. Also it was nice to be welcomed home by most of my old partners that were still here.
Can someone get me a tissue please?

While I probably fall more into the "quantity" versus "quality" category, here is my take...

For me, it was purely an issue of time and such... I was a member of several and just couldn't keep up... I stepped back from all but one, which I am a mod on. Life adjusting and calming down a bit has given me the time to come back and reestablish myself.

I tried the FB groups, but I just couldn't get into them - they just seemed a lot more impersonal, and there was a higher percentage of people showing off and all that.

Going back to the days of the old alt.smokers.cigars newsgroup and into the era of the forums, to me the relationships formed are a lot more solid. I still keep in contact with some of the old ASC guys, and have herfed with people from all over the country with the forum I mod on over the years. That would have never happened with me on the FB groups.

Every forum has its own "board culture", personalities, brand loyalties, bombing etiquette, etc... I think that a lot of people are testing the waters to see if they can find a spot they can vibe with (to use the teenager slang that I am over-saturated with daily lol)

I may have veered off the thread topic a touch, but those are the ramblings that popped into my head...