• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

...Is it ok to use your kids to hide...

Franco593

I had ANOTHER box of smokes come today....I had my daughter grab them from the front porch and put them downstairs so my wife wouldn't see them.

She extorted $5 from me for the job....and wants another $5 for keeping her mouth shut.

My bootleggin grandfather would be proud..

I make sure there's something else coming in the mail for my wife this way she can't give me crap!!!

I had ANOTHER box of smokes come today....I had my daughter grab them from the front porch and put them downstairs so my wife wouldn't see them.

She extorted $5 from me for the job....and wants another $5 for keeping her mouth shut.

My bootleggin grandfather would be proud..

I feel your pain!! My problem is that I don't have any kids!! They get over it. Just make sure that what you're getting in the mail is worth the greif you're gonna catch! :(

I just tell the wife...she doesn't mind. However, I've yet to have a "box" of smokes show up....maybe a fiver here or there but not a box....maybe its a bridge I've yet to cross, lol.

This thread is great!! I'm glad i'm not the only. I live in a 2 family home, when the guy upstairs comes home and he sees a package, he knows to bring it to the back room..

I've found it's always easier to ask forgiveness that to ask permission. Sure, it's rough for a day or two but things seem to smooth out after a few days.

Then I catch her bringing home some new pairs of shoes. What's good for the gander is good for the goose? Or something like that.

Serves me right, I guess.

Frankly, I'm glad she gets a little something if I get a little something.

Gawd, you gotta love kids!

Be proud of yours, enterprising, driven and with a keen eye for opportunity! :laugh:

I don't have a problem... my kid's away in college now, and my wife does not mind when I buy stuff - granted, I talk it over with her over a period of days, how nice it would be to buy that 8 9 8 box, those cigars I really would love to try. Truth is I have it easy, she never really gives me any trouble, and gets excited for me, although she really does not get it.

Just remember this when you or your wife find something your daughter has been hiding from you that she shouldn't.

:thumbs:

Somehow, I've been established as the mail retriever, which keeps me out of trouble. Usually the wife doesn't mind, but the whole " why do all of your humidors need to be full?" argument comes up once in a while, in which I reply "It's the ONLY way to maintain the right humidity". ;)

I got a bootlegging granddaddy too. He used to say, "If you're going to commit a crime, do it by yourself." You ain't going to rat yourself out."

Doc.

To answer the question in the thread title. It's absolutely ok to use your kids. Isn't that why you had them. :D

As for how to get it past the wife. I tell her one of our fathers bought them (alternating purchases) and asked me to store them in my humi since I have a cabinet and they don't. Works every time. :thumbs:

I got a bootlegging granddaddy too. He used to say, "If you're going to commit a crime, do it by yourself." You ain't going to rat yourself out."

Doc.

ahhh...the good ole days... :D
Speaking of the good old days, I went to my Godfather once, I was about 13, and told him I thought I'd like to be a pimp. He didn't flip out; he just explained to me in a very detailed manner why it was a pain in the ass way to make a living. I feel sorry for those not fortunate enough to be Italian..

Doc.

Doc.

ahhh...the good ole days... :D
Speaking of the good old days, I went to my Godfather once, I was about 13, and told him I thought I'd like to be a pimp. He didn't flip out, he just explained to me in a very detailed manner why it was a pain in the ass way to make a living. I feel sorry for those not fortunate enough to be Italian..

Doc.

I have a feeling Doc you and I could share some stories..