• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this legit?

I received my $1 cigar in the mail today. Can't tell you what it is, but I'm sure I'll love it.

I'm also not sure why these Trinidads don't have pigtails...

You mean the Trinidad Robusto Extra are supposed to have a pigtail? I thought that was only on the Fundadores. The TRE i looked at today didn't have it.

Edit to say I'll look again tonight. But I could swear.....

I'm also not sure why these Trinidads don't have pigtails...

You mean the Trinidad Robusto Extra are supposed to have a pigtail? I thought that was only on the Fundadores. The TRE i looked at today didn't have it.

Edit to say I'll look again tonight. But I could swear.....

http://www.cigars-review.org/Trinidad-Reyes.htm

OK, now i see why I thought they didn't have pigtails. These are smooshed because of the packaging I guess.
trb.jpg

Holy Shit! Today in the mail there was a little mystery package. I guess I assumed that there was no way I would be receiving from this deal. I was never charged or anything. But today there was a surprise for me in a little yellow box... What a wonderful day indeed!

mac :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The latest issue of Cigar Aficionado has an ad promoting the free cigar; same website, code, etc.

The latest issue of Cigar Aficionado has an ad promoting the free cigar; same website, code, etc.
I also got my free Davidoff Platinum Sceptre today. Price was right...

I believe you did... the question I have is... what price did you really pay for it? That remains to be seen.
Your name, snailer and email addy have just been sold more times than you really want to know.

If you think about how much the ad cost them to run + how much the supposedly "free" cigars are actually costing them + postage, the only way to recover the heavy loss is to go ahead and sell your info off.

I also got my free Davidoff Platinum Sceptre today. Price was right...

I believe you did... the question I have is... what price did you really pay for it? That remains to be seen.
Your name, snailer and email addy have just been sold more times than you really want to know.

If you think about how much the ad cost them to run + how much the supposedly "free" cigars are actually costing them + postage, the only way to recover the heavy loss is to go ahead and sell your info off.
You're street address is really worth little or nothing to them because it costs .41 US (or less if you pre sort and use bulk mail) to send a letter. It's just not a good return on your dollar unless it's target specific like Cigar Retailers and hell, send me that catalog to look at.

Gmail, Hot mail and many others are free and disposable. They can sell them as much as they like.

Citi Bank gives you extra CC#'s specifically to avoid ID theft and misuse.

So could you get burned? Sure. But a startup company has to invest money to get going and this is an excellent way to do it. It draws attention to them right away. Creates a lot of buzz. That's usually very good for business.

I'm betting this is a legit startup based on what I've seen so far. But what do I know. :laugh:

I know if I asked for them to send me a cigar for $1 that my a$$ would be covered.

Interestingly, my free cigar was an ISOM. Not sure if this is in violation of talking about sources. Technically I didn't buy anything from them, becuase I was never even charged a dollar, so I would chalk it up to a gift. Company is based out of Ontario. Sent along with the cigar a catalog of merchandise and prices. Prices on the ISOM's are sky high! I would imagine so if they are shipping out thousands of free cigars!

Again, you all let me know if this post is inappropriate and I will delete it...

mac

I'm betting this is a legit startup based on what I've seen so far. But what do I know. :laugh:

I know if I asked for them to send me a cigar for $1 that my a$$ would be covered.

A legit startup that has demonstrably fake Cuban cigars listed on their web site for sale, and has a rather questionable business model in terms of advertising Cuban cigars for sale in US publications, combined with the $1 per cigar promotion?

If you say so. I'm staying clear.

A legit startup that has demonstrably fake Cuban cigars listed on their web site for sale, and has a rather questionable business model in terms of advertising Cuban cigars for sale in US publications, combined with the $1 per cigar promotion?

If you say so. I'm staying clear.

gallery_3705_39_11563.jpg

Isn't there a way to look up Canadian retailors of Habano products?

mac

I got mine today. No charge as of yet.

I got mine today. No charge as of yet.

Thats a good sign! I'm praying this is safe. I wouldn't mind if they don't send it, as long as my CC# is kept MINE and not anyone else's. I ordered the Davidoff (dominican) from Cigars5000. Would CA really run an add that would fuc* over all of its readers???? I would sincerely hope not, otherwise we should call for a boycott! Keeping my fingers crossed!

-Aaron