• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is This The New Norm?

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I haven’t bought NC cigars in 7 to 10 years I’m guessing. When I saw Pete Johnson was releasing La Riqueza in limited quantities, I was all over that though. I got two boxes from Regency Cigar and imagine my surprise when the mail lady left me a notice saying they couldn’t leave my delivery because no one over the age of 21 was home to sign for it. WTF! Is that the new norm now? I’m glad I’m supporting Communism if it’s like that! What a PITA!!!
C1784B88-CB1F-4166-88E1-FEFAD40CB11E.jpeg

John, they thought they were saving you from a fate worse than death. Calm down, it will work out.

..we aren’t supposed to talk politics. 😉

So how do we talk about this guy?

Donald Biden.

Poor guy. I remember an article years ago about a woman named Katrina Lewinsky born on Sept. 11 (not '01, but still).

That must suck.. and she was also adamant that she wouldn't change it. 🤷‍♂️

I haven’t bought NC cigars in 7 to 10 years I’m guessing. When I saw Pete Johnson was releasing La Riqueza in limited quantities, I was all over that though. I got two boxes from Regency Cigar and imagine my surprise when the mail lady left me a notice saying they couldn’t leave my delivery because no one over the age of 21 was home to sign for it. WTF! Is that the new norm now? I’m glad I’m supporting Communism if it’s like that! What a PITA!!!
View attachment 53382

For awhile both USPS and UPS seemed to require signatures for cigars. Then probably early winter-ish both services just stopped and they were left. In just the past week, I've had to sign twice again. The 2nd time was UPS, and the driver said they were cracked down on because deliveries left were nailed by big storms.

He suggested creating a UPS account and leaving specific delivery defaults for my address. So I did. It would also appear complacency sets in until enough claims are made for them to get signatures again.

It is definitely a PITA... especially coming home and seeing packages sitting in snow or rain. I've also seen plenty of packages that say I signed on the tracking page. Under proof, it just has my last name in all caps.. despite never signing or sometimes even being in town.

I'm hoping my defaults work as I don't want those guys waiting around for Hancock's when it's totally unnecessary.

Note sure it's the "new norm" as it's pretty much been the old norm here. Age restricted items (booze/tobacco) must be signed for by an adult around here.

Let's keep the politics out of it, by the way.

I’ve never had to sign for any but it’s been at least a year if not more since I’ve ordered any. What a pita.

It’s almost as bad as ordering a cell phone…never had one where someone didn’t have to sign for it. Last time I yelled at the postwoman through the camera that I was at work. She asked if I wanted to authorize her to sign for it. Said “yup” and she left it.

But fast forward beyond that and Best Buy has no problem shipping a $600 tablet and dropping it on the porch without a signature. No consistency at all.

I've never had to sign for anything, I usually get a box or 2 a week. But this is small town Podunk - the mailman, UPS driver and Fedex driver all know me so maybe that's why.

I've never had to sign for anything, I usually get a box or 2 a week. But this is small town Podunk - the mailman, UPS driver and Fedex driver all know me so maybe that's why.
I’m with you. I don’t have things delivered every week but it’s with fair regularity. Never once have I been asked to sign.

I get a couple boxes a month from CigarPage without ever having to sign for them, but their shipping label says "Brandshopper"and makes no mention of cigars. My grocery store, on the other hand, made me hold my driver's license up to the webcam to add a bottle of Angostura bitters to my delivery order! 🤣

~Boar

Not exactly cigars, but I ordered ammunition from CMP. Supposed to have someone 21 sign for it. The post office just left it at the door.

Not exactly cigars, but I ordered ammunition from CMP. Supposed to have someone 21 sign for it. The post office just left it at the door.
There's no need to have someone sign for ammo, but cigars could be dangerous!o_O