• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is Thompson Cigar a reputable merchant?

Oooph, I just realized this was a 3 year old thread. :0

Bu11dog if you fill out your profile with your likes (so far) and your mailing addy you never know someone may send you some sticks to sample. <hint, hint> ;)

I saw the date on this thread and laughed. One of my other passion is knives and at the other forum where I spend most of my time I see the same thing and shake my head like many of you just did. I'm learning as fast as I can. Like someone in this thread said, Thompson is good for newbs and hopefully they learn and move on fast. Lesson learned. My humidor (from them and dirt cheap but holding a nice 65%!) took a nose dive when my first order from them went in. It took 2 weeks to settle back down. And yes the off brands I smoked from them didn't seem very good to me. What do I know though I dont' think I've had 3 dozen smokes since I started a couple months ago.
Thanks for the advice and old ass threads:)

I saw the date on this thread and laughed. One of my other passion is knives and at the other forum where I spend most of my time I see the same thing and shake my head like many of you just did. I'm learning as fast as I can. Like someone in this thread said, Thompson is good for newbs and hopefully they learn and move on fast. Lesson learned. My humidor (from them and dirt cheap but holding a nice 65%!) took a nose dive when my first order from them went in. It took 2 weeks to settle back down. And yes the off brands I smoked from them didn't seem very good to me. What do I know though I dont' think I've had 3 dozen smokes since I started a couple months ago.
Thanks for the advice and old ass threads:)

Bu11dog,

NST can go for as little as $50. There has been a lull as of late (this week) so now's a great time to jump in if you've got the scratch. (Yes, I am a member invovled in it...so what, I'm allowed to put in a plug ;))

WOW, this thread brings back some memories! :laugh:

Tommy (BkCloud114) being a newbie and a time when Scroto (SFG75) and I were actually friendly to one another. :laugh: Then one day Scroto forgot to take his meds and got himself ban! :thumbs:

January of 2005, does anyone remember the Island of the Misfit Toys aka LetsTalkCigars? :laugh:

I have to agree. Thomsons sucks a fat one.
When I first started smoking, I bought a few cigars from them. Don't even remember the names. A friend suggested thats how I should start. Buy nothing over $3 for each stick. From those few purchases, they haggled me to try and sign up for a special promotion they had at the time. I said sure- what a dumbass- thinking I could wait for something they have that no one else has- other than crap. Felt like I was getting a call from them everyday, asking if I was going to order anything soon. I would always reply, 'not yet.'
I guess I'm kind of a mellow guy, so I let this go on for about a month. Finally enough was enough and I sent an email wanting nothing to do w/ this promotion anymore. I guess in blind reaction, they sent me a strings of samplers. 3 in all. Sent them back one by one and within a month of returning the first package, I received a letter saying I had to pay for the return shipping. Tried responding over the internet, but that didn't work. Told them numerous times that I wasnt interested, but still, the packages kept on comming.
I wasn't going to pay over $60 for stuff I didn't want- so after the third package, I wrote back threating legal action if they didn't leave me alone. Got a letter back within a few days saying they were sorry and hope this didn't change my view of their company.
I have to just reinforce to everyone here, don't give them your cell number, email address, or anyother means of contacting you because they will just eat up your minutes.

Tommy (BkCloud114) being a newbie and a time when Scroto (SFG75) and I were actually friendly to one another. :laugh: Then one day Scroto forgot to take his meds and got himself ban! :thumbs:

January of 2005, does anyone remember the Island of the Misfit Toys aka LetsTalkCigars? :laugh:

LMAO.... I thought Scotty was back

Ahhhh.... the island.... those were fun times !!!

Being new to the hobby and with a Thompson catalog in hand I ordered up a sampler that included a fee humidor. Also being part knucklehead I did all of this BEFORE doing a little searching on the internet about Thompson.

Having found many many many negative things about this company I was a bit worried about I just wasted over $100.

My order did come on time as promised, cigars seem to be in fine shape although the humidor is a bit on the cheap side it too seems to be working as intended.

Even though my experience has been satisfactory, I don't think I'll press my luck with this company and will try out another retailer for my next order.

BTW: the sampler I ordered included: Cohiba, Hoyo De Monteray, Punch and C.A.O Criollo cigars.

I liked the Thompson black label cigars my first humidor came with :p

OMG CC I forgot about ol' Scotty. What a blow up that was. :laugh: