• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Isn't it about time for the Secret Santa to get up and running?

Patience, fellow BOTLs. This is not the sign up list for Secret Santa. :)

When this is ready to launch there will be a pinned thread that says, "Secret Santa 2007" or something similar, with instructions on how and when to sign up.

In the meantime, you can be giving some thought as to what you'd like to include in the SS bomb that you send out. In other words, you can plan and shop now, but it's not time to draw names.

What is the usual value/rarity/size of SS bombs (if there is a 'normal' approximation)? I think planning a ways out is a great idea but I haven't found a guideline on the stick range or amount yet

It's a gift so the value is what you place on it. Some can give more and some can't so don't get caught up in the $$$, get caught up in the thought.

What is the usual value/rarity/size of SS bombs (if there is a 'normal' approximation)? I think planning a ways out is a great idea but I haven't found a guideline on the stick range or amount yet

I would have to add ..... be creative!

What is your SS into? what other things do they enjoy? The way I see it, getting your SS something for Christmas is like buying a Christmas present for a family member. Make it interesting, make it fun, get to know your SS by reading some of his past post to understand who they are.

:cool:

I would have to add ..... be creative!

What is your SS into? what other things do they enjoy? The way I see it, getting your SS something for Christmas is like buying a Christmas present for a family member. Make it interesting, make it fun, get to know your SS by reading some of his past post to understand who they are.

SS is much more fun than buying something for a family member.

I agree 100% with Mel and NorCal! This is fun and one of the best things about Secret Santa is hearing about some of the great packages that folks send/receive -- and I'm not just talking about cigars. Some of the guys here get very creative.

I'm not sure if the SS threads from the last few years are still around, but you can get an idea of some great bomb ideas from the tail end of Smokyball's "WAR" thread. Link (Keep in mind that those bombs were put together for a contest, though. SS bombs are a little more tame.)

When this is ready to launch there will be a pinned thread that says, "Secret Santa 2007" or something similar, with instructions on how and when to sign up.

Hopefully similar means the correct year! :whistling:

:p

............../size of SS bombs ....................

You can't say "SS Bombs", make me think WWII is breaking out again, haven't you seen Hogan's Heroes? :laugh: :laugh:

It's not big numbers. I think 5 sticks with a minimum value of $15 each plus people normally throw in other stuff like a Johnnie Walker Blue label bottle for instance, or perhaps a DuPont pen, pencil and lighter, just little things like that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NOT....usually a fiver of decent smokes and normally a little something else, but that is not required.

You can't say "SS Bombs", make me think WWII is breaking out again, haven't you seen Hogan's Heroes? :laugh: :laugh:

It's not big numbers. I think 5 sticks with a minimum value of $15 each plus people normally throw in other stuff like a Johnnie Walker Blue label bottle for instance, or perhaps a DuPont pen, pencil and lighter, just little things like that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NOT....usually a fiver of decent smokes and normally a little something else, but that is not required.

It was 5 smokes worth 5 dollars or better as a minimum last year. NOT 5 x 15 dollar smokes. Lets not scare the newbies please. :p

It was 5 smokes worth 5 dollars or better as a minimum last year. NOT 5 x 15 dollar smokes. Lets not scare the newbies please. :p

Didn't you see the :laugh: :laugh: and the NOT.....?

Didn't you see the :laugh: :laugh: and the NOT.....?

I did... but didn't think it was enough to make sure no one got scared. Anywho... we need to get this rolling soon, we be running out of time!

Hopefully similar means the correct year! :whistling:

:p

Uh... yeah... I was testing you guys. Iggy, you passed with flying (okay, with green) colors. :whistling:

The most important thing to keep in mind (if you plan on participating) is to GIVE because you want to GIVE. Don't give and expect to receive something huge. Give something nice because you want to, not because you're expecting to receive something of equal value. Not trying to make it sound like if you give something nice, you're going to receive a box of Swishers, that's not the case. But let's keep in mind, the point of S/S is about having fun. Please remember this before signing up.

Okay folks, I got the okay from Rod to go ahead and run this but I do want to give Bill the opportunity since he did run it last year. I emailed Bill this morning.