• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO: BCBS

Is there any info on the Oct 22nd bottle date?

image.jpeg

This is the closest I have to the Oct21 bottle date.

Couple of my friends just opened up a couple of bottles from 22 OCT 15 and they were all good. I think they've isolated the infection to a new strain of lactobacillus and that it probably only infected a couple of barrels. That might have made the batch from 21 OCT bad but all the other dates are ok. If it was actually in the machine lines, we would have seen much greater infection rates.

It's kind of sad that BCBS has been hit by this wave of infections (the coffee and the barelywine are majorly hit) but at the same time, nobody has ever tried to scale up this much barrel aged beer before. I have faith that they will be able to adjust next year and have better quality control.

I cracked my last one last night, from 10/21/15 and it ducked. Sour, bell pepper taste with some butter in there as well.

AB sure had fucked this beer up.

I cracked my last one last night, from 10/21/15 and it ducked. Sour, bell pepper taste with some butter in there as well.

AB sure had fucked this beer up.
So does that mean it quacked when you popped off the cap? :p

I'd be interested in the opinion of other members on the board, trying the 10/21/15 bottles.

This from the article, is so true:

A tarnished Bourbon County brand might have one ironic upside, both Mosher and Berger agreed: tempering a craft beer fan base that has become increasingly frenetic. As much as any craft brand, Bourbon County has turned beer into competitive sport, with long lines on release days and a robust secondary market that has the beers selling for several times the initial retail price.

"If the nerds online decide it's not a beer worth trading for, then the nerds in line won't show up," Berger said. "If that whole thing goes away, I'm fine with that."

I'd be interested in the opinion of other members on the board, trying the 10/21/15 bottles.

This from the article, is so true:

A tarnished Bourbon County brand might have one ironic upside, both Mosher and Berger agreed: tempering a craft beer fan base that has become increasingly frenetic. As much as any craft brand, Bourbon County has turned beer into competitive sport, with long lines on release days and a robust secondary market that has the beers selling for several times the initial retail price.

"If the nerds online decide it's not a beer worth trading for, then the nerds in line won't show up," Berger said. "If that whole thing goes away, I'm fine with that."

Tell me it's not true, we are nerds?

This made me laugh:

"As long as Bourbon County is rare and expensive and difficult to get and pretty good, this will all blow over," Mosher said.

Rare and expensive above everything else! And it only has to be "pretty good" for people to still chase it. This sounds familiar...

Does pretty good = infected? I'd be pissed if I bought a bottle of BCBS Rare and it was infected. Those started at $60, if you could find it.