• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO : Cognac & Rye Whiskey Abyss

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Anyone with access to these? I'll reward you handsomely, because i'my just so damn handsome.

But really, anyone on the NW coast/Deschutes area, have access?

Brandon

I'll look for you Brandon, but honestly with the prices Deschutes charges and gets for The Abyss.....it's pretty much jumped the shark in my book.

I used to chase it and buy all I could; still have a dozen bombers or so. Started out at $12.00 / bomber, this year it was $19.00, heaven only knows what the limited release version will cost. Here in Beervana, there are other guys doing basically the same thing; an Imperial stout, barrel aged. And, they aren't $19.00 / bomber.....

As I'm fond of saying, one man's opinion.......

Thanks Josh and Tom, appreciate it. I love barrel aged stouts, any ones I should hunt down, out your way Tom?

Darn it, most are seasonal. I'm a big fan of Heathen Brewings offerings, they have a bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout they call "Epitath" that was pretty fantastic....stood up very well to The Abyss. They do several barrel aged stouts. I can run by the brewery next week and see what they have in stock?

http://heathenbrewing.com/heathen-brewery/

http://heathenbrewing.com/seasonal-beer-releases/

While not a barrel aged stout, their "Son of Malice" double IPA is a fantastic beer.....at 8.7%. Trust me, that one is sneaky.....:eek:

I was able to get two bottles of the cognac barrel after hunting them down for a while, but couldn't get any of the rye whiskey. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find that one. I'll send the cognac bottles out to you this week.

Last edited:
Thanks Josh, that's pretty awesome, but totally unnecessary for you to waste your time hunting these down. Shoot me a message with your PayPal and I'll pay for them and shipping.

Again, appreciate it!

Any other beers you're looking for? I can swing by again tomorrow as we are going into SF and peek. They had a lot but since I'm not a huge beer guy, no idea what to look for.

Any other beers you're looking for? I can swing by again tomorrow as we are going into SF and peek. They had a lot but since I'm not a huge beer guy, no idea what to look for.

I love any barrel aged stouts, but you'be done enough man, I really appreciate it.

I looked around at a few specialty beer and wine stores while in San Francisco today and had no luck finding the Rye Whiskey. I left my name and number with a few of them who said if they got it in they would give me a call. Sorry I couldn't help out with that one. Best of luck finding this one. None of the shops had seen it yet.

Last edited:
I looked around at a few specialty beer and wine stores while in San Francisco today and had no luck finding the Whiskey Rye. I left my name and number with a few of them who said if they got it in they would give me a call. Sorry I couldn't help out with that one. Best of luck finding this one. None of the shops had seen it yet.

Thanks dude.

You should have these Thursday unless the PO decides to drink them for you. Let me know when they land. :)

You went above and beyond..........just for that I'll find the best wine made in Oklahoma and return the favor, LOL.

You went above and beyond..........just for that I'll find the best wine made in Oklahoma and return the favor, LOL.

Oh crap please don't!! I had to try some muscadine wine in my sensory class. It is definitely an acquired taste! Hope you enjoy.