• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO : Cognac & Rye Whiskey Abyss

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Anyone with access to these? I'll reward you handsomely, because i'my just so damn handsome.

But really, anyone on the NW coast/Deschutes area, have access?

Brandon

I'll look for you Brandon, but honestly with the prices Deschutes charges and gets for The Abyss.....it's pretty much jumped the shark in my book.

I used to chase it and buy all I could; still have a dozen bombers or so. Started out at $12.00 / bomber, this year it was $19.00, heaven only knows what the limited release version will cost. Here in Beervana, there are other guys doing basically the same thing; an Imperial stout, barrel aged. And, they aren't $19.00 / bomber.....

As I'm fond of saying, one man's opinion.......

Thanks Josh and Tom, appreciate it. I love barrel aged stouts, any ones I should hunt down, out your way Tom?

Darn it, most are seasonal. I'm a big fan of Heathen Brewings offerings, they have a bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout they call "Epitath" that was pretty fantastic....stood up very well to The Abyss. They do several barrel aged stouts. I can run by the brewery next week and see what they have in stock?

http://heathenbrewing.com/heathen-brewery/

http://heathenbrewing.com/seasonal-beer-releases/

While not a barrel aged stout, their "Son of Malice" double IPA is a fantastic beer.....at 8.7%. Trust me, that one is sneaky.....:eek:

I was able to get two bottles of the cognac barrel after hunting them down for a while, but couldn't get any of the rye whiskey. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find that one. I'll send the cognac bottles out to you this week.

Last edited:
Thanks Josh, that's pretty awesome, but totally unnecessary for you to waste your time hunting these down. Shoot me a message with your PayPal and I'll pay for them and shipping.

Again, appreciate it!

Any other beers you're looking for? I can swing by again tomorrow as we are going into SF and peek. They had a lot but since I'm not a huge beer guy, no idea what to look for.

Any other beers you're looking for? I can swing by again tomorrow as we are going into SF and peek. They had a lot but since I'm not a huge beer guy, no idea what to look for.

I love any barrel aged stouts, but you'be done enough man, I really appreciate it.

I looked around at a few specialty beer and wine stores while in San Francisco today and had no luck finding the Rye Whiskey. I left my name and number with a few of them who said if they got it in they would give me a call. Sorry I couldn't help out with that one. Best of luck finding this one. None of the shops had seen it yet.

Last edited:
I looked around at a few specialty beer and wine stores while in San Francisco today and had no luck finding the Whiskey Rye. I left my name and number with a few of them who said if they got it in they would give me a call. Sorry I couldn't help out with that one. Best of luck finding this one. None of the shops had seen it yet.

Thanks dude.

Back