• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO...Hygrometer that doesn't need cabinet to be opened

Ok, this morning before I left for work we were at 70% (12 hours into test). I think this one will be pretty accurate. I also see the humidity sensor on the back of the unit and it looks like it would be easy to move. Just unsolder the sensor, put in wire and resolder.

Ok, this morning before I left for work we were at 70% (12 hours into test). I think this one will be pretty accurate. I also see the humidity sensor on the back of the unit and it looks like it would be easy to move. Just unsolder the sensor, put in wire and resolder.

Careful soldering that. The heat from a regular "hobby" soldering iron that you get at RadioShack or Wal-Mart could fry the sensor.

I am an electronics technician working for a lighting control company. I am not really worried about that, I will turn the heat up a little higher and hit it quick.

Ok, got home and it was still at 70%, therefore is is low by 5%. I moved the humidity sensor and put it back in the jug. It went back to 70% to show that moving the sensor effected nothing. I drilled a hole in my cabinet, ran the wires and everything is great. It shows 57% right now +5 = 62%. I have 65% beads but I am still getting used to how much water needs to be added.

It is still holding steady at 56-58 which really equals 61-63%
I measured the cabinet and I am around 2900cu", a little high for 1/2 LB. I have them in a 6" clear plastic cheap pot saucer. They are spread out pretty good but I may try pantyhose to get more surface area exposed.

Ok, got home and it was still at 70%, therefore is is low by 5%. I moved the humidity sensor and put it back in the jug. It went back to 70% to show that moving the sensor effected nothing. I drilled a hole in my cabinet, ran the wires and everything is great. It shows 57% right now +5 = 62%. I have 65% beads but I am still getting used to how much water needs to be added.

i bought that hygrometer a while back, right now its reading 34 on my coolidor which in walmart terms means 63

Oh ok, my 5% may be ok for longevity. It has been reading anywhere from 53-56% since I got it installed in the humi.

Back