• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM cohiba esplendidos

I guess search only works when account is activated.

What I'm being offered is alot cheaper than any site I've seen. Should I consider myself lucky or is this a common thing?

I've done checks to see if they were fake and they passed, based on what I could find online and comparing it to what i had on hand.

I'll probably make a new post when I get a box with a picture or few to see what others think.

lucasbuck said:
If the price seems to good to be true it probably is. Beware.
[snapback]262701[/snapback]​

ditto, what HE said

Ditto what the others are saying - ESPECIALLY Esplendido's, where some estimates are 95% are fake... :0

I read some articles that said they were most counterfeited cigar.

If I take some photos of box and sticks and post them will anyone be able to tell authenticity?

I have already smoked one, it was given to me free. The band was as I seen legit ones online, gold 'COHIBA' that was slightly raised(all that I seen online looked photocopied). The stick looked in perfect shape, burned evenly, and tasted good.

If you have ever smoked a real Esplendido you would know for sure if the freebie real. They have a taste you don't forget. :thumbs:

If you are trying to slowly build a "hey check out the pic's of the cheap esplendidos I found from a Cuban rafter in Miami. Do you want to buy some?" thread WAKE-UP & STOP NOW!!! If you want to sell and/or trade these smokes with other members of CP then we have issues to discus. Send a PM.

edit: nevermind, I'm taking away from the fun. :blush:

Brent

Haha. I'm not looking to sell these to people on forum. I would like to get involved in some of the activities going on in this forum though. Trading and passes would be fun, but I'm not ready for that yet.

I really just want to be able to be 100% sure that they are legit.
I've compared what I have to http://havanajournal.com/cohibas.php and the single I had is exactly what I see there(I disected a quarter of it and it was not dry flakey tobacco). In less than a week I'll be able to compare the box pictures.

How close in appearance do the fakes get to the real thing?

pringle said:
Haha. I'm not looking to sell these to people on forum. I would like to get involved in some of the activities going on in this forum though. Trading and passes would be fun, but I'm not ready for that yet.

I really just want to be able to be 100% sure that they are legit.
I've compared what I have to http://havanajournal.com/cohibas.php and the single I had is exactly what I see there(I disected a quarter of it and it was not dry flakey tobacco). In less than a week I'll be able to compare the box pictures.

How close in appearance do the fakes get to the real thing?
[snapback]262873[/snapback]​

I don't really have anything to add to the subject, but I would like to thank you for posting that link. That link will be very useful when the time comes to buy some Cohibas. :thumbs: Ok, continue your discussion. :)

Be careful - there are plenty of fakes out there with the raised gold lettering. PLENTY, especially for the Esplendidos.

Oftentimes the font is wrong - particularly the C in Cohiba is most noticeable and the coloring is off.

I went to a friend's wedding a couple months ago, was outside enjoying a Trini and the father of the bride handed me an Esplendido. Immediately, I noticed it was fake as described above. (I of course did not mention this to him). He inquired what mine was and said he had never heard of a Cuban Trinidad, but that he was sure his smokes were real... :laugh:

I thanked him for the gesture and handed him a RyJ Petit Piramide, which I saw him give away later. I didn't care about that at all, however, I thought it was funny that as he and his friends were smoking fake cubans, he handed away the only real one... :laugh:

Anyway, as mentioned above - if the deal is too good - they are fake.

Chad

fllbrent said:
If you are trying to slowly build a "hey check out the pic's of the cheap esplendidos I found from a Cuban rafter in Miami. Do you want to buy some?" thread WAKE-UP & STOP NOW!!! If you want to sell and/or trade these smokes with other members of CP then we have issues to discus. Send a PM.

edit: nevermind, I'm taking away from the fun. :blush:

Brent
[snapback]262854[/snapback]​

Nice post Brent :thumbs: ;)

If the source is legit then you don't have to worry.If you are getting them from some guy then they have a 99.99 percent chance of being fake. PM me the source and I will let you know what is up.

If you are paying much less than $500 - then you're probably overpaying about $400 --- because you should be able to find a box of fakes for about $100. :whistling:

I guess this guy doesn't want to know if his Cohibas are fake or not. He hasn't pm'd me yet.

I am not going to discuss my source with anyone here.
I will say this though, he is not someone that just got back from some exotic location trying to sell a box he got for cheap, nor is he a cuban that just got here on a raft. He is willing to do whatever to prove they are real.

I wont even have a box until Monday night and I will be comparing it to that link I posted. I'll try to get pictures of everything for your opinions. If its fake, I can always get my money back.