• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM v. NonISOM

I haven't had too many cubans but those I have had (generous gifts from fellow BOTL'S) were excellent. I tend to smoke different cigars depending on what I am doing. I do value the cuban experience moreso than a NC.

I had smoked nothing but ISOMs for the last 6 months and was not experiencing the pronounced difference from NonISOMs I recalled in day gone by. So I spent a week smoking nonISOMs, Fuente, LGC, and Punch. These had the same tastes I recalled and were quite good. This weekend I returned to my PUNCH PUNCH and MC4s and found that sharp contrast I loved that you cannot find in the smoke from a NonISOM. They seemed sweeter and more complex than a week ago. Anyone else have similar experiences????

No... they are all just cigars... and a wide variety of tastes and quality are available in cigars from all countries.

I agree with Moki.

Its a mood thing for me as well. Having said that, though, I find myself more in the mood to smoke ISOMs than anything. However, when I want something that won't take over my taste buds (I can't smoke more than one a day because my sense of smell and taste are easily overthrown by a cigar, ISOM or non) I'll grab for a medium bodies NonISOM.

I agree with one of the BOTL above... there's just something about a ISOM that puts it above the rest. Maybe it IS the Cuban soil? climate? just something.... Recently I had a Cuaba Distinguido and was in absolute heaven... nubbed and it kept sucking plain air hoping there were more traces of smoke for me to taste. Finger licking good!

Darren

Call me crazy, but I actually prefer domestic cigars to ISOM. Also most ISOM must go through, how can I say this, a hibernation period in your humi. Im not patient, Im a product of this GenX upbringing, instant gratification. I want to buy a box of cigars and be able to smoke them a week later not a year later like most ISOM.... :blush:

Well, right now I'm going through an anti-climactic moment. I just received about 9 boxes of ISOMs (and I haven't gotten any shipments in about 3 years). I checked all cigars to see if they were aged at least one year (only the Partagas Lusi's weren't). I fired up a SLR A, Magnum 46, and a Sir Winston over the past few days, and none of them tripped my trigger. It was a real downer because I had fired up a Sir Winston that I had bought in the last purchase and it was smooooooth!! I had actually hoped for the same experience (to no avail!). I guess I will have to age my ISOMs more. But in relation to the topic, a good Series A, PAM, or 8-9-8 can be just as satisfying.

don't think i've ever smoked the same cigar twice in the same day. viva la difference! i'm from the generation that wants it all! :laugh: :cool: