• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM v. NonISOM

Maximum

I had smoked nothing but ISOMs for the last 6 months and was not experiencing the pronounced difference from NonISOMs I recalled in day gone by. So I spent a week smoking nonISOMs, Fuente, LGC, and Punch. These had the same tastes I recalled and were quite good. This weekend I returned to my PUNCH PUNCH and MC4s and found that sharp contrast I loved that you cannot find in the smoke from a NonISOM. They seemed sweeter and more complex than a week ago. Anyone else have similar experiences????

Nothing wrong with switch hitting, I do it all the time.

Smoking different brands, wrapper types and sizes keeps it from getting boring. It sounds like you smoked yourself into a rut, and found a way to get back out.

:thumbs:

I find myself smoking 10 Habanos to every NC. When I do smoke a non-Cuban, it is usually a VSG, Opus, or Padron (with some others mixed in). During the week of the RTDA...I'll smoke almost nothing but NCs. For my palate, Cuban cigars just hit home. There is something about the Cuban tobacco that really does it for my taste buds. However, there are times that I am just "in the mood" for a NC cigar.

I use to smoke 99% NC cigars but lately nothing but a Cuban really satisfies my palette. I don't know why but I even prefer a $1.50 Quintero over a $7-8 NC. I also much prefer the wrapper colours of Cubans, either that Colorado or Colorado Rosado just looks so tasty. There is something magical about Cuban tobacco.

I use to smoke 99% NC cigars but lately nothing but a Cuban really satisfies my palette. I don't know why but I even prefer a $1.50 Quintero over a $7-8 NC. I also much prefer the wrapper colours of Cubans, either that Colorado or Colorado Rosado just looks so tasty. There is something magical about Cuban tobacco.

I've witnessed the evolution of Jabba from pure non-Cuban to now Cuban whore. When we first met he was raving about all the Fuentes and Padrons and saying Cubans weren't worth the effort of getting due to the high prices and high risk of getting counterfeits. I was praising cubans since my only exposure had been to cuban cigars up to that point. Now I'm hooked on Padrons and he's hooked on Cubans! Funny how things work out!

I find myself smoking 10 Habanos to every NC. When I do smoke a non-Cuban, it is usually a VSG, Opus, or Padron (with some others mixed in).

...same thing here but it's about 4:1 not 10:1.

Regards - B.B.S.

For me, I like them both :) My mood rather than where they came from is the overwhelming factor of picking one versus the other. :thumbs:

I've witnessed the evolution of Jabba from pure non-Cuban to now Cuban whore. When we first met he was raving about all the Fuentes and Padrons and saying Cubans weren't worth the effort of getting due to the high prices and high risk of getting counterfeits. I was praising cubans since my only exposure had been to cuban cigars up to that point. Now I'm hooked on Padrons and he's hooked on Cubans! Funny how things work out!

Maybe you guys need to do a humidor swap!!!

antaean

I had smoked nothing but ISOMs for the last 6 months and was not experiencing the pronounced difference from NonISOMs I recalled in day gone by. So I spent a week smoking nonISOMs, Fuente, LGC, and Punch. These had the same tastes I recalled and were quite good. This weekend I returned to my PUNCH PUNCH and MC4s and found that sharp contrast I loved that you cannot find in the smoke from a NonISOM. They seemed sweeter and more complex than a week ago. Anyone else have similar experiences????

No... they are all just cigars... and a wide variety of tastes and quality are available in cigars from all countries.

That's pretty typical really, at least from what I've seen. Lots of great leaf out there to explore and enjoy!

For me it's about 8:1 Cohiba to everything else :D

Now there's a man I can respect... found his brand he loves, and smokes the hell out of it. :) I had a 1997 Esplendido this weekend, lucasbuck, it was wonderful. :)

I find myself smoking 10 Habanos to every NC. When I do smoke a non-Cuban, it is usually a VSG, Opus, or Padron (with some others mixed in).

...same thing here but it's about 4:1 not 10:1.

Regards - B.B.S.

For me it's about 8:1 Cohiba to everything else :D

How often do you smoke?

Just curious but what does your inventory of Cohiba look like? You must have tons on hand since I assume you're aging them before you smoke.

I had a 1997 Esplendido this weekend, lucasbuck, it was wonderful. :)

I bet! I've only been fortunate enough to smoke '01s and they are hands down my favorite cigar.

How often do you smoke?

Just curious but what does your inventory of Cohiba look like? You must have tons on hand since I assume you're aging them before you smoke.

Not very often. I am a very light smoker. One or two a week if I'm lucky. Enjoyed a Siglo II on Sunday which was my first cigar in weeks.

Craig is a health nut. He smokes while running laps at the track and then only smokes through a protein bar!

With my rate of smoking(2-4 cigars a day) I can only afford Qbans :p on the weekend(like 1-3)...
Some people are smoking like 1 stick a week... If that would be me than that ratio would be simple... :whistling: