• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's like Christmas in August!

Mabpi

I have been searching for quite a while for the right cabinet humidor so that I could part with my 5 desktop humis. I am glad that I was patient and waited to pull the trigger, as two days ago I came across a very nice, slightly used Aristocrat. It was located in South Florida and I am in northern Florida. I immediately contacted my TRUE BOTL, MandyPI, who visually checked the humidor out for me and provided two enthusiastic thumbs up. Yesterday morning I made the 650 mile round trip down south, made the purchase, loaded it in the Xterra and drove home. Got it home and cleaned it out a bit with a dry cloth. The prior owner indicated that the humidification system, from Habitat Monitor, had not been used for some time. This was apparent by the condition of the wick, just nasty. After changing the wick, which was also supplied, and cleaning about 1/8" of brown gunk from the canister and on the fan, I plugged her in and started the wonderful process of break-in. I conservatively set the humidity to 65% and about 12 hours later, it was there. This humidor is like new and I am so proud to be the NEW owner of a piece of Bob's work. Next job, filling her up!

Aristocrat.jpg

Aristocrat1.jpg

Aristocrat2.jpg

Nice find.

I was also looking at that one, and the price was right, but self controll got the better of me.

I did the same thing last winter, snagged up an Avallo very similar to that size wise and I can not believe it took me so long to get one. There are humidors and then there are the set and forget Aristocrat, and Avallo type humidors. I love mine, but as always I wish it was bigger.

You will wish you had done it sooner.

Congrats. I kind of had a feeling I would be seeing this post. Great find!!

Mike :thumbs:

Nice find.

I was also looking at that one, and the price was right, but self controll got the better of me.

I did the same thing last winter, snagged up an Avallo very similar to that size wise and I can not believe it took me so long to get one. There are humidors and then there are the set and forget Aristocrat, and Avallo type humidors. I love mine, but as always I wish it was bigger.

You will wish you had done it sooner.

Congrats. I kind of had a feeling I would be seeing this post. Great find!!

Mike :thumbs:

Thanks Mike. The seller indicated that there were many inquiries about the humi however no one wanted to go to S FL to actually get it and he was not gonna ship it. I guess I was lucky to live so close.

Nice score...!! I've had my Staebell for a while now and it's an investment I'm glad I made.

Bob can sell you replacement wicks for the humidifier can. Mine start to get "funky" every couple of months or so; tiny little black spots start to show up and out they come then. I check them every couple of weeks (which for me means unloading the bottom shelf.... :p ). When I do a wick change, I wash the cans with hot soapy water, rinse very well with hot water, then wipe 'em down with isopropyal alcohol and blow them dry with canned air. Clean wicks and a fresh bottle of distilled water then go back in and they hang in there really well with that treatment.

I found that a couple socks of Viper's great beads add some humidity "ballast" to the environment and you may want to do the same, unless your home has humidity control (mine doesn't).

Congrats again, and best regards - B.B.S.

Absolutely great find, Kim and i are looking fo one now but it's taking me a while to pull the trigger. Hope it treats you well and good luck.

Fill her up! Fill her up!

Congrats on a very nice humidor. Also MandyPi is a good man and an outstanding BOTL.

very nice let us see some pics once you get it up and running with your sticks in it!

Outstanding find! I can not wait till mine comes from Bob, I still have about 3-4 more weeks I'm guessing, I can not wait!

May I ask, How many cigars that holds? It is kind of difficult to tell the size, from those pictures.
Thanks and congrats on the purchase.
Have a very nice day.

May I ask, How many cigars that holds? It is kind of difficult to tell the size, from those pictures.
Thanks and congrats on the purchase.
Have a very nice day.

Holds 30-40 boxes, and the pull out drawer holds between 100-150 loose cigars.

Actually, my first drawer is currently holding close to 200 singles. I made some modifications in the aristocrat since obtaining it. I obviously was running out of space for singles and therefore needed another drawer. Also made an additional shelf that I just kinda stuck on the bottom. I copied Bob's design pretty much for the shelf and the drawer and did it over the three-day weekend. As far as boxes is concerned, I am working on that. 30-40 boxes is correct. Sorry for the crappy pics. They were taken from my phone....

fulldrawer.jpg

newstuff.jpg

Those are some very nice pics there. Every time I keep seeing more and more of this pics of the Aristocrat I just wish mine would get here already.