• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's like Christmas in February - Avallo Humidor

Beautiful piece.  It will even better when it gets filled up.

Ahhhh. So about not outgrowing it...

2af80ad8c43c46791b76b9c503842cc1.jpg

I'm about half capacity it terms of boxes and 1/3 filled in terms of draw space. I expect to hit the limit within a year if I keep buying at my current rate. Smoking more doesn't seem to be having that much of an impact. Currently at ~350 sticks and growing.

A bit of unsolicited advice. If you do not know how a cigar ages with a year or more, I would not keep larger quantities of unknowns for more than a year.

Noted. And it's something I've been thinking about. I suspect I'll be okay with some age on the boxes of Pardons, My Father and various Cubans. I did make the mistake and have at least one budget box (5 Vegas) which I now regret purchasing. A good friend of mine has now picked up the hobby and so I have someone to feed some of this stuff to as well.

Understood about the quantities, I bought lots of Nicaraugan and Dominican sticks in the begging, and have decided to make a concious decision to age only Cubans. 

Oh, and still love the Humidor...

So interesting occurrence happening with my humidor. Over the last month or so I've been watching the humidity slowly creep up to 71%. Apparently the seal are so damn good and my cigars and boxes so stable, that just having the two water tanks has caused the humidity to creep up.

The humidity canister fans haven't engaged in weeks. And even after keep the doors open over the weekend, once I close the door it stabilizes back to 71%. So now I've removed the water canisters entirely.

We'll see how long it takes to creep back down. I've been dry boxing the cigars I plan on smoking, so it hasn't caused me too many issues. Although I do notice some don't do so well if I take them fit out of the humidor and smoke them, most are fine.

Anyway, props to the airtightness of the humidor. I'm sure it will go back down once the drier winter air arrives.

Is Avello still in business, tried to get to there site, but get the page not found error....could be just my work filtering too.

T