• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's pumpkin season!

I have tried and tried to like pumpkin beers, but I just can't do it. There's something about the allspice flavor that I don't care for. I'm not a big pumpkin pie fan either, so maybe that's why.

I'd say if you don't even like pumpkin pie than liking pumpkin anything is likely not in the cards. No need to hammer a square peg in a round hole. If it isn't your thing, it isn't your thing.

Y'all are missing out on Marble Brewery's Pumpkin Ale. Unfortunately they don't bottle it. I'm finishing up my second growler as I type this so this one's for you guys.

Mike have you tasted the Punkin Ale from DFH?

No but from everything I've read it's very good and not overly spiced. But like Black Cloud said, maybe I'm a square peg. Or just a square! :)

I have to say I disagree I don't like pumpkin pie and LOVE the DFH Pumkin!

I had a bottle of Epic Brewing Fermentation without Representation last night. It's an imperial pumpkin porter. Quite good. Doesn't rely on the spices which I think is what most pumpkin beers tend to do. Instead the vegetable pumpkin qualities cut what would be an overly marshmallow-y malty sweetness. Pretty nicely balanced. If you find it on the shelf, give it a whirl.

I had a Pumking at Deliurium Cafe/Pub in Brussels tonight... holy shit.. I feel like I ate a whole f'n pumpkin. That shit is crazy. Also had a rumstout something-or-other that some chick couldn't finish... f'n tore me up...

Combine that with some DRC (Congo) dude that'll "fucking kill some people" talking shit on the train and your buddy's wife driving off without him and it makes for one hell of a Brussels Pub Crawl... lol..

I should not be on the computator....

Pumkin season has not made it to Houston yet. :( I stopped by Spec's today and could only find Wasatch Pumpkin and Sam Adams Pumpkin. I have had both before, but I did not care for either one.

Not finding it is a good reason for me to stop again next week. :D

Culturedhick, its not that pumpkin season hasn't hit Houston. Its that pumpkin season is near the end.

St. Arnolds Pumpkinator (imperial pumpkin stout) came out last Monday (lasted maybe 45 min before it sold out), Dogfish was gone for over 2 weeks (cnt find it even at Kroger....ugh)......

Not into Wash and am ok with Sam Adams........but those 2 named above are awesome....never tried southern teir....Buffalo Bills is ok as well.....

Shocktop has a pumpkin wheat....but didn't quite floavor it....since I was already wasted at the time.....lol

Culturedhick, its not that pumpkin season hasn't hit Houston. Its that pumpkin season is near the end.

St. Arnolds Pumpkinator (imperial pumpkin stout) came out last Monday (lasted maybe 45 min before it sold out), Dogfish was gone for over 2 weeks (cnt find it even at Kroger....ugh)......

Not into Wash and am ok with Sam Adams........but those 2 named above are awesome....never tried southern teir....Buffalo Bills is ok as well.....

Shocktop has a pumpkin wheat....but didn't quite floavor it....since I was already wasted at the time.....lol

Thanks for the insight, Aaron!

I knew I did not have a chance at the Pumpkinator, but I will look for the Dogfish next year.