• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've been double crossed!

sigar_zealot

FattyMcButterPants
In my four plus years here on the pass I've made a few friends. Maybe not as many as some as I don't post a lot in the cigar forums. It's true most of my friends hang around the saloon like me but I never thought that was a reason not to trust any of them. I struck a deal a few weeks ago where I was going to send a couple of premium bottles of 25 and 30 year old scotch to this so called friend who, by the way, I've never met. In return he agreed to send me a check for X amount of dollars and make up the difference of what he owed me in cigars. I think you can see where this is headed.

Thinking I could trust the guy I sent my end first. After all this guy has been around a while and it's not like I was in a hurry for the money. Tuesday or Wednesday last week he sent me a message asking if he could wait until Friday or Sat to send his end as he was having a busy week at work. At the time I didn't think anything about it but today I'm having second thoughts.

Just after lunch I pull into my local post office where I get my mail. At first everything seemed normal so I walk inside like I do every Monday. I open my box and find a key to a bigger box. It didn't dawn on me what was about to happen. I figured my wife bought more crap on eBay. Great, more Chihuahua figurines... :0

I finally track down the larger box. I don't know who the dumba$$ was that numbered those boxes but the numbering system seems like he was in the middle of a 3 day bender. Anyway, much to my surprise I have a package from Alpharetta, GA. At first I think: cool my X amount of dollars and my X amount of cigars have arrived. Then it dawns on me that the priority shipping box is like 3-4 times larger than a check and X amount of cigars would require. WTF?

I open the box and find 2 more smaller boxes. This was actually cool as hell because my wife and kids do to me at Christmas and birthdays to keep me from guessing gifts. I laugh and head outside to the car to open them up. Much to my surprise instead of X dollars and X dollars worth of cigars I have a check for the agreed upon amount but like 3 or 4 times X the amount of cigars. WTF X 2?

I thought we had a deal? Not only do I have way more dollars worth of cigars than was agreed upon these are really hard to find sticks from a land far far away. WTF X 3?

Hey buddy, sorry for the long drawn out thank you message. It's probably a good thing I don't post more often. :cool:

Your kindness and generosity have humbled me in a way that just a few words couldn't describe. Hopefully next year we can both make the whisky fest event in San Fran. It would be nice to shake your hand and say hello in person.

Thank you, sir!

And here I was expecting to read a post about some ass hole who screwed you, good to see there are still decent people in this world.

I've always said there are some of the best folks that hang out on CP. Well done!

Alpharetta is home to a very sneaky bastage. And by that I mean a very generous brother. :thumbs:

Nice, very nice............

Thanks, for sharing and giving me a good start to my day.

Alpharetta is home to a very sneaky bastage. And by that I mean a very generous brother. :thumbs:

Yeah...IF it's who I'm thinking it is, his name rhymes with Harry, and he is a sneaky generous bastard.

Well played!

I echo Anthony's sentiments. You meet some of great folks here on CP. Randy is top notch and he really helped me out with those bottles of whisky so I needed to show my appreciation. Thanks a bunch, buddy! I'm in for Whiskyfest. I hear San Francisco is a great place to hang. Maybe we can drag Insight and ELittle and a few other locals out for a smoke.

Khari any time you are in the area you let me know

Damn that Khari!...always blowing people's minds with acts of kindness!

Great job bro...you are definitely one of CPs best :thumbs: