• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

J21 vs. Regios

theorangeman

I'm just curious, for those of you guys who have had several of each, which do you prefer and why? I had my first J21 this weekend, thanks to a couple that Brad sent me a few months ago. I really enjoyed it and look forward to trying the other one that he sent me for a comparison. It was bold and had me by my balls for at least half of the smoke. However, I really didn't get a sense of the flavor that I enjoy until about 1/2 way into the smoke. At that point, although is was still bold, the flavor seemed more pronounced instead of just kicking my ass and I began enjoying it more. The Regios, on the other hand, although still very full bodied, seems a little more balanced and flavorful throughout the smoke. With that all being stated, I'm still scratching my head (which is still full of hair... sorry Brad) and I'm not sure which one I prefer. Perhaps my next J21 will help me better decide and answer that question.

While unfortunately, I'm not currently in the market to buy any more Tats (which is difficult due to a certain sale going on), I'm just curious as to what people think about these smokes and how they believe they compare.

This would be good to know. I've got one J21 left from a split and it's almost a year old. Gotta be better by now.

Wilkey

This would be good to know. I've got one J21 left from a split and it's almost a year old. Gotta be better by now.

Wilkey

Wilkey,

Actually, it's ironic that you respond because it was your thread (a review of the J21) that I read right before lighting up my first J21. I was surprised to read conflicting reviews at that time regarding this cigar. However, as I mentioned above, the one I smoked had been sitting in my humi for probably about four months which I'm sure helped. At any rate, I look forward to hearing about your next experience with this cigar.

I can't say that one is better than the other. I find them both one dimensional. They are not bad smokes
but not one's I would run out and buy again in a hurry.

I enjoy the Cojonu and the Espciales. However, my best smoke is Noellas. Recently I was fortunate to be
gifted Noellas Speciale Reserve from Moki which is very tasty - thanks Moki!

Brian

I like the Regio's more myself, the J21's arnt bad but for the price you can get a Cojonu or something else.

I like the Regio's more myself, the J21's arnt bad but for the price you can get a Cojonu or something else.

I haven't priced them out for a while now, but I think the J21's are between the Regios and Cojonu, in terms of cost. At any rate, I was sort of thinking the same thing as I smoked my first J21 (whether they are are worth the price when you can get a Regios for less). However, perhaps after I smoke my second J21 I'll feel differently.

The last Regio I smoked kicked my ass. I haven't been that loopy from a cigar in a long time. As a result it somewhat tarnished my opinion of the vitola.

My first J21, smoked last week, was like love-at-first-sight all over again. Like a first-kiss, I keep flashing-back to smoking it and thinking of how amazing it was. A new favorite for sure.

I find both cigars to be ass-kickers, but to have very different flavors. I would definitely reach for a Regios before the J21, as the Regios has a creamy/spicy taste that really does it for me.

Back