• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jack

emodx

Banned
My pup Jack had a bit of an accident yesterday. He was playing with Sheila, an 8 yo Black Lab. He was running w/ her and he was on the outside of her fence. Well he cut the corner real close at tore the skin on his left hind-quarter on the bolt holding the gate on. The flappy skin on the inner thigh and rib cage area. It was about 6 inches long and 2 inches wide at the widest point. He had 2 layers of stiches....just a couple on the inside, and more than 14 on the outside. Lost count cause he isn't ready to let me near them yet. He was put under for it and still woozy. Doesn't have his legs until him well right now. But the doc said his muscle tissue wasn't damaged and it was basicly just a really ugly flesh wound. He looks so pitiful right now. So all you dog owners, take a ziz wheel or hack saw out to the yard and cut all those carriage bolts flush.
Emo

Hi Emo,
Hey Bro. , sorry to here about your dog. Not sure if this will help or not but,,,We have been raising llamas, prarie dogs, turtle, tibetin yaks , horses, dogs as well as rescueing a ****load of them. I have had to deal with some very ugly wounds. You may be surprised at how well they heel. I feel for ya Bro. , It's never easy, but keep hope and thanks for the heads upon things to look for.
ed

When my wife ran in the house, I was playing the Playstation. Love the spotrs games ya know. But she was pale white, almost blueish/green and almost about to break out into hysterical tears. She told me to go out back, Jack was hurt and laying on the ground. From the look of her I thought it was going to be gorey. But all is well. He is in a bit of pain, but he is going to pull trhough with flying colors. It's too bad as his coarse overcoat was shedding and the soft undercoat was really shiney. Now he has a big ole bald spot.
Emo

Oh yeah....turns out the vet is a cigar smoker....Walked into the waiting room yesterday and he had a big ole stogie on the counter in the waiting room. Too bad he was smoking a Garcia Vega... Today when I went in I had a nice little sampler bag for him. 2 Maria Mancini DeGaulle's, 1 Magic Mountain, 1 RyJ Gold Label, and 1 La Escepcion Llaneza....
Emo

Just goes to show,,even with 8 yrs. or more of college you can learn something new everyday..like good cigars :p

Sorry to hear about the pup. I hear Beggin' Strips are good for hurtin' pups ;)

I have 3 labs. You know, They can get in the worst trouble!! They are bird dogs, so they are always nose first in everything. Had 1 jump off a 30ft rock face into water? He aint' the brightest bulb in the package! 2 went face to face with a mountain lion :0 1 took a good whack in the snout, 35 stitches :( but my 35 marlin paid that lion back ;)

:( Sorry to hear about the pup.
I have 2 dogs my self and one is the self proclaimed worlds stupidest dog so I also know what its like to deal with a wounded dog. Good luck, He will probably recover before you do.
Oh and your luck is amazing with a stogie smoking vet! :thumbs:

emodx said:
Oh yeah....turns out the vet is a cigar smoker....Walked into the waiting room yesterday and he had a big ole stogie on the counter in the waiting room. Too bad he was smoking a Garcia Vega... Today when I went in I had a nice little sampler bag for him. 2 Maria Mancini DeGaulle's, 1 Magic Mountain, 1 RyJ Gold Label, and 1 La Escepcion Llaneza....
Emo
Hope everthing is well with Jack, Emo.

What's with the cigars you gave to the vet? And you call me a JR whore! ;) :D :D :D

Shadow said:
emodx said:
Oh yeah....turns out the vet is a cigar smoker....Walked into the waiting room yesterday and he had a big ole stogie on the counter in the waiting room. Too bad he was smoking a Garcia Vega... Today when I went in I had a nice little sampler bag for him.  2 Maria Mancini DeGaulle's, 1 Magic Mountain, 1 RyJ Gold Label, and 1 La Escepcion Llaneza....
Emo
Hope everthing is well with Jack, Emo.

What's with the cigars you gave to the vet? And you call me a JR whore! ;) :D :D :D
Zip it!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: