• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jalapeno Recipes

Blue Cheese Jalapeno Poppers

Ingredients:

2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 cup panko bread crumbs (I use Progresso Italian Panko Style Breadcrumbs)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
12 jalapeno chile peppers
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Mix together the egg and milk in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the panko crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Stuff each jalapeno half with equal portions of the blue cheese. Place the halves back together and secure with toothpicks. Dip each stuffed jalapeno in the egg mixture and then coat with the panko mixture. Arrange the breaded peppers on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

I tried this Bobby Flay recipe this weekend at our company tailgate. I didn't make the accompanying red pepper/tomato sauce but I did wrap them in bacon. The goat cheese added quite a bit to the flavor and the corn added some sweetness to go with the spice of the jalapeno. They were delicious.

Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces soft goat cheese
4 ounces shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
2 ears corn, grilled in husk and kernels removed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
12 jalapeno chiles, halved, stemmed and seeded
1 heaping tablespoon ancho chili powder
Grilled Red Pepper-Tomato Sauce, recipe follows

Directions
Heat grill to medium.

Whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the Cheddar, corn and green onions and season with salt and pepper. Fill each jalapeno half with about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and sprinkle the top with some of the ancho powder.

Place on the grill, filling-side up and cook until slightly charred and tender, about 7 to 8 minutes. Spoon the red pepper sauce onto a platter and top with the jalapenos.

Both of those sound excellent. I will be trying them soon. Target has a sale on whole Jalapenos.

Roast a few Jalapenos in the oven until semi soft. Dice Jalapenos and top French Toast with them. The syrup and Jalapenos make for a great sweet and spicy combination.

I made this dish about 7 years ago. Although it will only require two or three of you Jalapenos it's well worth it.

Pork Tenderloin With Stilton, Port, and Jalapenos

Ingredients

2 or 3 pork tenderloins (each 1/2 to 3/4lb; 1 1/2lb total)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup full-bodied port
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1/4 pound Stilton cheese, crumbled
2 fresh jalapeno chilies, halved lengthwise, stemmed, veins removed, then slivered.

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Use a small sharp knife and trim the surface fat and silvery membrane from the pork. Place the oil in a a 12" pan and brown each tenderloin on both sides over medium-high heat. Transfer the the tenderloins to a roasting pan. Bake until a meat thermometer reads 160degrees, about 15 - 20 minutes.

Discard any accumulated fat from the frying pan and deglaze with the port and broth. Allow the liquid to reduce to 3/4 cup, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cream and boil until large bubbles appear then add the cheese and chilies and cook until the cheese melts.

Slice the pork across the grain, fan equal portions onto 4 plates and spoon the sauce atop the meat.

I always make Chicken for Hell on my smoker. Cap the peppers the half them long ways. Seed them if you want them mild or dont if you want them hot. I use boneless chicken brest to cut into strips the size of the pepper halves. Soak the chick for an hour in liquid smoke. Put the chicken in the peppers the wrap with thick cut bacon. I usually sprinkle Tonys over the top but you can use what ever seasoning you like. Put it on the top of the smoker for a few hours until the bacon in light brown.