• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jameson Black Label Petite Corona

jfields

Where did all my money go?
Reaction score
First, I must apologize to Brad Mayo at Jameson. I agreed to do a review of this cigar quite a while ago. I even went as far as to gather all of my information from him before a sampling, only to forget. I was doing some cleaning today when I came across my notes.

Jameson Cigar Co. is the brainchild of Brad Mayo, and the product is the result of a joint effort between Brad and Luis Sanchez. This project took about 1 1/2 to 2 years to get off the ground. You may know of Luis from Real Tabacalera Sanchez-Romay. One of his better known brands is La Tradicion Cubana. Luis decided to relocate his factory to the Dominican Republic in 2006 after his factory in Miami burnt down.
One little interesting thing I found out from speaking with Brad, is how the name for the brand came about. In a tribute to father and son, he used his dad's first name of James, and of course combined it with son to represent himself. Thus Jameson was born.

THE REVIEW

Vitola Black Label Petite Corona 5x44

Wrapper Brazilian Maduro

Binder Honduran

Filler Dominican

MSRP $5.00 (Between $5.00-$6.00 for all sizes I was told)

I picked an evening that would allow me to devote my full attention to this cigar. The kids were in bed, and my wife was sitting next to me in the lounge after a nice dinner.
This little Corona had a nice dark chocolate brown wrapper with just a few veins. The construction was nice. Not the prettiest cap, but I would not use the word ugly. Smelling the wrapper produced a pleasant smell, very earthy with a still fermenting tobacco odor. Ever been near a damp forest floor, to smell a wild mushroom? That's the earthy smell I'm trying to describe to you.
After clipping the cap with my Xikar, I was given a perfect pre-light draw. Toasting the foot of the cigar produced pleasant smelling smoke. Then the first couple of draws rewarded me with a nice flavorful smoke full of earth, salt, and nuts. These flavors were pretty consistent throughout the entire length of the cigar. A lingering spice finish was left on my palate after every draw, and the strength would have to be listed as medium to full in my book. The burn was near perfect, no touch ups needed, with thick, copious amounts of smoke produced. This was a really pleasant cigar. I think with the price point, you could not go wrong trying these out to see if they would be your cup of tea too. I would recommend this as a great one dimensional cigar.
Jameson003-1.jpg
Jameson001-1.jpg

Jameson002-1.jpg
Jameson004-2.jpg

Jameson005-1-1.jpg

Jameson006-1.jpg

First, I must apologize to Brad Mayo at Jameson. I agreed to do a review of this cigar quite a while ago. I even went as far as to gather all of my information from him before a sampling, only to forget. I was doing some cleaning today when I came across my notes.

Jameson Cigar Co. is the brainchild of Brad Mayo, and the product is the result of a joint effort between Brad and Luis Sanchez. This project took about 1 1/2 to 2 years to get off the ground. You may know of Luis from Real Tabacalera Sanchez-Romay. One of his better known brands is La Tradicion Cubana. Luis decided to relocate his factory to the Dominican Republic in 2006 after his factory in Miami burnt down.
One little interesting thing I found out from speaking with Brad, is how the name for the brand came about. In a tribute to father and son, he used his dad's first name of James, and of course combined it with son to represent himself. Thus Jameson was born.

THE REVIEW

Vitola Black Label Petite Corona 5x44

Wrapper Brazilian Maduro

Binder Honduran

Filler Dominican

MSRP $5.00 (Between $5.00-$6.00 for all sizes I was told)

I picked an evening that would allow me to devote my full attention to this cigar. The kids were in bed, and my wife was sitting next to me in the lounge after a nice dinner.
This little Corona had a nice dark chocolate brown wrapper with just a few veins. The construction was nice. Not the prettiest cap, but I would not use the word ugly. Smelling the wrapper produced a pleasant smell, very earthy with a still fermenting tobacco odor. Ever been near a damp forest floor, to smell a wild mushroom? That's the earthy smell I'm trying to describe to you.
After clipping the cap with my Xikar, I was given a perfect pre-light draw. Toasting the foot of the cigar produced pleasant smelling smoke. Then the first couple of draws rewarded me with a nice flavorful smoke full of earth, salt, and nuts. These flavors were pretty consistent throughout the entire length of the cigar. A lingering spice finish was left on my palate after every draw, and the strength would have to be listed as medium to full in my book. The burn was near perfect, no touch ups needed, with thick, copious amounts of smoke produced. This was a really pleasant cigar. I think with the price point, you could not go wrong trying these out to see if they would be your cup of tea too. I would recommend this as a great one dimensional cigar.
Jameson003-1.jpg
Jameson001-1.jpg

Jameson002-1.jpg
Jameson004-2.jpg

Jameson005-1-1.jpg

Jameson006-1.jpg

Nice story and great review. Sounds like something I would love to try, the price is definately right. Do these come in other sizes? And is there a sampler available??

Thanks!

~ t

Thanks for the review,looks really good.
I should try it sometime.

Thanks, jfields, for the review. Nice pictures too! If you're interested in the Black Label check out www.fullerspullers.com.

Thanks,
-Brad