• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jarring after opening a tin?

I happened to have ONE of the shorter jars you mention, Alan. I've never seen them for sale, though. (Don't know how I got it.) Walmart has the type Dan shows, which is fine, but I'd love to have the shorter ones if I could find them.

Where do you get them?

I happened to have ONE of the shorter jars you mention, Alan. I've never seen them for sale, though. (Don't know how I got it.) Walmart has the type Dan shows, which is fine, but I'd love to have the shorter ones if I could find them.

Where do you get them?

I buy them at the local grocery. They have them year round.

Do you have Menards? They have them this time of year, but they go fast up here because a lot of people use them for wild raspberry jelly. They are Kerr Half-Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars. About $10-$12/dozen.

If you can't find them locally, they are available online. I'm not sure how cost effective it would be with shipping, though.

Good luck!

I searched all over walmart last week and couldn't find canning jars, any clues on what section to look in?

Try near housewares. I think near the tupperware/resealable type of things.

I have the 8 oz. half pint Ball jars.

DSC_0047.jpg

I do this too- I have so many jars, I'm running out of room! But it keeps the tobacco fresh- I wouldn't be able to smoke it fast enough!

I use the mason jars for long term storage. I use bale top jars for my everyday rotation tobacco. They are airtight and open easy. I do need to find wider mouth jars for easier pipe filling.