• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

jeffro600

jabba said:
The bottomline is the Sabres will never win the Stanley Cup!
[snapback]278720[/snapback]​

This is true and should never be lost sight of. I believe the SabresFan's misguided team support is affecting the rest of his judgement. :cool:

SabresFan said:
I generally don't like to get involved in these sorts of things, but what the hell, my 2 cents for what it's worth:

There are several members on this board that I don't agree with and don't think very highly off , but just like in real life I mind my own business and avoid those people unless I am forced to deal with them. It seems that every time there is a difference of opinion between a couple of members it turns into gang warfare between FOG's and FNG's and turns ugly until Rod locks the thread and someone gets banned. Alot of times I'm reading these threads and I'm thinking that things might have worked out if people weren't jumping in from all angles and trying to throw there weight around, both from FOG side and FNG side. I respect all FOG's opinions and thank them for sharing there cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars, but sometimes and I'm sorry to say it the extra commentary from some members is very arrogant and over the top, especially in non cigar discussions.

I still enjoy being here and value all the excellent things I have learned about cigars.
[snapback]278710[/snapback]​

I've learned this several times over. ESPECIALLY when I first started out here, there were a few times where I thought an FOG was just being a pain in the ass for no reason and giving someone a hard time. BUT, in 100% of those cases, it turned out that I DIDN'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, and later realized that the ball busting was COMPLETELY WARRANTED. I don't easily give blind faith or blind criticism out to anyone and concerning the FOGs getting on a new guy for something, it isn't neccessary. Do the research yourself if you must, but you'll ultimately find that there is a reason behind their actions.

When you say, "I respect all FOG's opinions and thank them for sharing there(sic) cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars, but sometimes and I'm sorry to say it the extra commentary from some members is very arrogant and over the top, especially in non cigar discussions," you are missing a critical point, IMHO. The point is, if the "extra commentary" that "is very arrogant and over the top" wasn't there, this wouldn't be the same BB it is today. In which case, you wouldn't even have the chance to be able to enjoy their "cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars."

But that's just my experience, YMMV.

Yawn...
well I tried to read this whole thing: but started day dreaming is there a cliffnotes verision?

Jeffro-outa here--some Rat guy saying newbies stink--anything else I should know?

The bottomline is the Sabres will never win the Stanley Cup!

You might be right, but I'm definetaley enjoying this season and hoping that it happens.

I've learned this several times over. ESPECIALLY when I first started out here, there were a few times where I thought an FOG was just being a pain in the ass for no reason and giving someone a hard time. BUT, in 100% of those cases, it turned out that I DIDN'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, and later realized that the ball busting was COMPLETELY WARRANTED. I don't easily give blind faith or blind criticism out to anyone and concerning the FOGs getting on a new guy for something, it isn't neccessary. Do the research yourself if you must, but you'll ultimately find that there is a reason behind their actions.

When you say, "I respect all FOG's opinions and thank them for sharing there(sic) cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars, but sometimes and I'm sorry to say it the extra commentary from some members is very arrogant and over the top, especially in non cigar discussions," you are missing a critical point, IMHO. The point is, if the "extra commentary" that "is very arrogant and over the top" wasn't there, this wouldn't be the same BB it is today. In which case, you wouldn't even have the chance to be able to enjoy their "cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars."

But that's just my experience, YMMV.

Don't get me wrong, my post wasn't meant to be a shot at the FOG's. My post was about some members in general, in my post it says that some members not some FOG's. I generally agree with the FOG's assessments of these situations, although there have been times when I thought things were a little overboard, but that is a natural reaction. Oh well, sometimes it makes for some interesting reading.

Again I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just trying to make sense of some peoples reactions.

Tumbleweed said:
Swissy said:
newbies, post less, read more.

OK, I'll be lurking.

ggiese said:
you need to reflect on who you are, and what contributions you're going to make to this board.

Not really sure how to do that by lurking, but I'll think it through. ;)
[snapback]278678[/snapback]​

If you're not really sure how to do that - you need to read more and post less... ;)

SabresFan said:
I generally don't like to get involved in these sorts of things, but what the hell, my 2 cents for what it's worth:

There are several members on this board that I don't agree with and don't think very highly off , but just like in real life I mind my own business and avoid those people unless I am forced to deal with them. It seems that every time there is a difference of opinion between a couple of members it turns into gang warfare between FOG's and FNG's and turns ugly until Rod locks the thread and someone gets banned. Alot of times I'm reading these threads and I'm thinking that things might have worked out if people weren't jumping in from all angles and trying to throw there weight around, both from FOG side and FNG side. I respect all FOG's opinions and thank them for sharing there cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars, but sometimes and I'm sorry to say it the extra commentary from some members is very arrogant and over the top, especially in non cigar discussions.

I still enjoy being here and value all the excellent things I have learned about cigars.

Definitely doesn't "get it"....

SabresFan said:
Don't get me wrong, my post wasn't meant to be a shot at the FOG's. My post was about some members in general, in my post it says that some members not some FOG's. I generally agree with the FOG's assessments of these situations, although there have been times when I thought things were a little overboard, but that is a natural reaction. Oh well, sometimes it makes for some interesting reading.

Again I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just trying to make sense of some peoples reactions.
[snapback]278745[/snapback]​

Small glimmer of hope you MIGHT be getting it. Still got a ways to go though...

Give it some time - don't be impatient. It'll come to you if you let it...

I got it trust me. I have an enjoyable time coming here to read and occassionally interact. You won't see me trying to start a pissing match with anyone unless directly instigated, because I do value my time here and don't want to jeopardize my ability to be a contributing member.

SabresFan said:

I got it trust me. I have an enjoyable time coming here to read and occassionally interact. You won't see me trying to start a pissing match with anyone unless directly instigated, because I do value my time here and don't want to jeopardize my ability to be a contributing member.
[snapback]278779[/snapback]​

THERE'S A BRIGHT LIGHT IN THE EASTERN SKY!!!! :thumbs:

Just Matt lighting his farts. :whistling:

ggiese said:
THERE'S A BRIGHT LIGHT IN THE EASTERN SKY!!!! :thumbs:
[snapback]278791[/snapback]​

Being very new to this board I would not consider trying to change anything here. The only person that can ever think of doing this is Rod period. He is the host, it is his clubhouse and he was willing to let me in. I also have a standard of treating people like I want to be treated. I love to help people and like to give advice in the things I know about but will not overstep by boundry. Again Rod started this site so he runs it the way he likes it. The Members that have been here since the start I believe have Rods permission to help watch over the place to keep it just the way Rod wants it. The way I see it if you do not like the things around here as is go somewhere else and start your own board and see just how far you get without standards.

ggiese said:
Tumbleweed said:
Swissy said:
newbies, post less, read more.

OK, I'll be lurking.

ggiese said:
you need to reflect on who you are, and what contributions you're going to make to this board.

Not really sure how to do that by lurking, but I'll think it through. ;)
[snapback]278678[/snapback]​

If you're not really sure how to do that - you need to read more and post less... ;)
[snapback]278751[/snapback]​
Here is another quote I heard awhile back that works well:

More taping; less typing!!!

:thumbs:

- C

SabresFan said:

You don't have to like the system, hell you don't even have to agree with the system, but if you wanna stay, then you damn well better act accordingly within the system. You think arrogance can come from any level of cigar pass? I think this comment is a very good example of arrogance:
I respect all FOG's opinions and thank them for sharing there cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars, but sometimes and I'm sorry to say it the extra commentary from some members is very arrogant and over the top, especially in non cigar discussions.
But without people stepping up in all areas of CP to keep it working smoothly, idiots would come in an wreck havoc. Could things be done differently around here, yeah they could, will they be? Highly doubt it. So either embrace it or leave it.

Emo