• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jerico

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
I'm quite enjoying Jerico, but like many shows on TV, I find the story line far fetched. However, the way the sociology and anthropology are playing out seems right on target. The way the human dynamics are playing out scare me much more than a chain saw toting pschyo wearing a hocky mask. Chaos tends to bring out the worst in many. I've seen it up close around the world. It almost hurts to see it play out in the United States. I seriously doubt things would play out like Kevin Costner's "The Postman", but this one is bad enough.

Never mind that the "bad guys" smuggled or acquired city busting sized nukes (we ain't talking suitcase nukes) and set them of in major population areas. The piece that doesnt fit is that (presumably) the same bad guys managed to cap a nuke outside the atmosphere so the EMP would trash the electronics for thousands of miles. It does tickle me that NYC managed to catch their bad guys before they could set off the nuke. However, the ensuing explosions collapsed the infrastructure that brings us our corn flakes each day. The scary part happens when the corn flakes run out. An intact New York would NOT be a good place to be.

It didn't get to me until last week when we learned that the Federal government collapsed and fragmented.

In the heartland, the bad get worse, many of otherwise good get bad, and the rest of the good get tough and cynical, or die. There are reasons why I don't even own a gun, but I find myself staring hard at the pistolas in the display case at Bass Pro. I want to begin hardening my home, preparing for the time when there is no power, water, or sewage.

Scary.

enjoyable show. I want to know what the morse code says at the opening.

I can copy morse just fine. I've heard that it is meaningful, but I've found it only in pertinent.

apparently the morse code spells out "Jericho" I love the show, but it scares the bejezzus out of me.

I am hooked on the show, purchased the first season on Tunes, before I found out you could get it for free off there sight.
The only thing I want to know is how did they move the mountains so close to Kansas, Jerico should be about 90 miles from where I live.

I am hooked on the show, purchased the first season on Tunes, before I found out you could get it for free off there sight.
The only thing I want to know is how did they move the mountains so close to Kansas, Jerico should be about 90 miles from where I live.

They fudged it a little :)

ummm........what show is this? :thumbs:

Jericho, on CBS on Wednesday nights.

apparently the morse code spells out "Jericho" I love the show, but it scares the bejezzus out of me.
I was able to watch this weeks show online and replayed the morse code enough to figure it out. The last scene before they played the code had a 'marine' stating, "We're here to help." Then the morse code spelled out, "they will need it" So, at least in that instance, the morse is responding to the video.

damn, I used to have a life.

I was able to watch this weeks show online and replayed the morse code enough to figure it out. The last scene before they played the code had a 'marine' stating, "We're here to help." Then the morse code spelled out, "they will need it" So, at least in that instance, the morse is responding to the video.

Bubbaco,

Are you a ham radio operator??

Bubbaco,

Are you a ham radio operator??

No, I used do morse intercept back in the day. I can't copy that fast anymore, especially just jotting it down.

Thanks for the info!

I copied "they will need u" I've already deleted the Tivo, so I can't double check.

Did anyone who watched last Wednesday wonder why the good folks of Jerico didn't use their FRIGGING M1 ABRAHMS FRIGGING TANK to turn New Bern into a smear on the map?

Did anyone who watched last Wednesday wonder why the good folks of Jerico didn't use their FRIGGING M1 ABRAHMS FRIGGING TANK to turn New Bern into a smear on the map?

They whole time I sat there yelling at the TV the exact same thing. Although it appears from the previews of next week that they do indeed wise up and pull it out. I could be wrong but I thought I saw it.

Damon

Ohh and yes I'm hooked on the show too.

What ever happened to the nuclear winter? Is that not the result of setting of one modern nuke never mind several around the country?

What ever happened to the nuclear winter? Is that not the result of setting of one modern nuke never mind several around the country?

Nah, these were a dozen or so tactical (small) nukes. To induce the winter, there would have to be millions of tons of soot and ash thrown into the atmosphere. However, residual radiation and ionized particles only seem to be unnecessary plot details that got left out.

I thought of that myself, but then I thought "I don't think they have any ammo for it." Of course, now that they've taken those shells and mortars, maybe they can launch those from the tank?? We'll find out next week!