• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnnie-o cigars

leftyposthole

I have no experience with his cigars, and can find out very little about them other than size, wrapper color etc. I understand they are all fresh rolled which to me means you need to smoke em right away or rest em for a year or so. Are they all that way or are any of them ready to go right away?
Secondly which ones have you bros. had and like or dislike?
I am not a real maduro fan and I like medium strength with full flavor. Would like to buy a bundle or two from him but need a little help on which ones to try.

can ya help a bro. out with some advice here?

Lefty

Never had a bad one, but yes smoke them right a way or let them rest for at least 6 months.

John posts here. You can always ask him directly about what cigars may have age on them and the relative strength of his offerings.

I've only tried the Mag 47's. They are beautiful cigars with both a pigtail and shag foot. I got some from John back in mid May and they had been rolled on or about May 5th. The first few I smoked were great. VERY distinct flavor profiles and for the price, a no-brainer. It did not take them long to go "sick". I think I checked them around June 1st or 2nd and it was obvious they had already started to go. I won't touch another out of that bundle now for at least a year.
I'd suggest, and am thinking of doing the same myself in order to try a few different ones, getting one of John's samplers. You could smoke one of each in short order and put the rest down to age. If you find one that you love, order a full bundle of those. I will definitely get more from in the future.

I have had a bundle of his CG's world famous pigtail, shag foot. Down to my last 2 and very upset - they are fantastic smokes! Infact, thanks for reminding me to re-up. John's a good man and frequents the site here. I would agree that maybe doing one of the samplers is best. I happen to like CG's so just went ahead and ordered the bundle. I've read, and was told by John that the first couple months are fine to smoke, then letting them rest for about a year is best. Only problem is they are so good, you find yourself grabbing one every time and eventually have none left to rest.
IMHO, I would go ahead and make a purchase for you are going to really enjoy them. . . If not, sell the leftovers to me! :D

Just to represent the other sIde of things: I've never had one that I've enjoyed. I've had two botl smoke Johnny-O's in my presence, and both said they disliked them. Yes, they've had a variety of age on them.

I'm in the middle with Johnny-O sticks. I have had a some (10 or so) that have been pretty good. I have also had a few (4 or 5) that have been pretty bad, if I remember correctly they all had 1-3 years on them when I smoked them.

I still have not decided if I want to purchase more from him or not. I think I have one more in my humi sleeping that has like 5 years on it.

I've had a Johnny-O stick that a buddy on here gave me. I was so good that I mooched two more sticks from him until I place a order. I decided to order the bundle in order to get a taste and idea of what they are like. The sticks were fresh and may need to setup for a while but it was, G.. DOUBLE O.. D.... DAM GOOD! :thumbs:

[sub]I have order all different sizes. I personally love them Lanceros and shorts. Most of my friends steal Johnny-Os from my humidor when they go and grab something when there over.[/sub]