• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jose l. Piedra petit Cazadores

Snoozer

I picked up a fiver of these today at Holey Smokes and to my surprise the package was a bit different and updated. What was more surprising was what was on the back. "Totalmente a mano" Doesn't that mean made by hand or something similar? Here's a couple pictures of the box. They smokes themselves have the newer white band on them. Also, the construction doesn't look much different than other JP's I've smoked.
I thought all JP's were machine made? Maybe they've changed?
1001282ft4.jpg

1001278ef8.jpg

"Totalmente a mano TC" means that it is hand made using the "rubber sheet bunching" method for short filler. TC stands for "tripa corta" or short filler as opposed to "tripa larga" or long filler as in "Totalmente a mano" handmade long filler cigars. For the life of me. I can't come up with the proper name for this method right now but it has been in use for a while now and as I understand it, is the method whereby (some) formerly machine made cigars are now produced.

Wilkey

BTW, this vitola is darned hard to find for some reason. You can readily obtain pretty much all the other sizes in this marca but the Petit Cazadores are rare. It's a shame as a fair number who've smoked it regard it as the best of the line. If I could get a reasonable line on these, I'd bring on the split.

Thanks for the info Wilkey. Very helpful as always, I didn't even know that the TC had anything to do with it or what it ment.

Seriously... He is WilkeyPedia. :D
Always a good read, anytime he flexes the brain.