• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR CIgar Targets Padron Anniverary Cigars

WOULD NEVER BUY FROM JR CIGARS AGAIN !

Okay, so my husband and I recently purchased cigars from JR CIGARS and had the WORST experience. Thought I would share with you so you don't make the same mistake we made in ordering from them. NEVER EVER AGAIN. Too many other great companies to do business with.

Order Date: 04/03/2010

Question:
I ordered a sampler pack of Punch Double Corona Maduro cigars along with 3 other sampler packs. I received Hoyo De Monterey Double Corona cigars in place of the Punch cigars. I asked my wife to call your customer service because I work nights and sleep during the day.

She called and spoke to Raylene. Raylene gave my wife 3 options: 1. pay for the Punch cigars again and when you receive the cigars back that I didn't order you will credit my account.
2. mail the cigars back and you will send the Punch cigars when you receive the cigars I did not order.
3. return the cigars and receive a credit after you receive the cigars I did not order.

All of these options are unacceptable. The common theme of all 3 options are you sent me cigars I did not order. You better believe I am selecting option number 3. I will never order from you again. I spent the extra m oney for the express shipping for the entire order. Why didn't you apologize for the minor error and make it right by sending out my correct order right away? Raylene told my wife this was your policy and the way that you had to complete the order. My wife called back and asked to speak to a manager. Raylene seemd put out and unwilling to help. She put my wife on indefinite hold twice.

I've done business with you for too long to be treated this way and it's my policy to not do business with disreputable companies. I am going to give you the option to make this right by sending the cigars that I have already ordered and paid for immediately, if not I will take my business elsewhere as well as share my experience with all my cigar smoking friends. I also expect a partial refund for the express shipping. Thank You in advance for your prompt response.

While I understand your anger at being screwed over twice (at least with the information I can see), you did not need to double post this. You resurrected a 4 year old thread to complain and your post had nothing to do with the subject matter of the original. Also if you had read through the thread, you might have noticed that the general opinion of JR's marketing tactics was low. If you search for Thompson you will see they also are not generally held in high regard here. We have many great vendors here who will give you excellent service, prices and selection.

I hope the issue with JR gets resolved and also extend an invitation to go and post an introduction about yourself, read up around here and get to know the membership of this community. If your sole purpose was to bash JR then you have accomplished your mission and I wish you the best in your journeys.

WOULD NEVER BUY FROM JR CIGARS AGAIN !

Okay, so my husband and I recently purchased cigars from JR CIGARS and had the WORST experience. Thought I would share with you so you don't make the same mistake we made in ordering from them. NEVER EVER AGAIN. Too many other great companies to do business with.

Order Date: 04/03/2010

Question:
I ordered a sampler pack of Punch Double Corona Maduro cigars along with 3 other sampler packs. I received Hoyo De Monterey Double Corona cigars in place of the Punch cigars. I asked my wife to call your customer service because I work nights and sleep during the day.

She called and spoke to Raylene. Raylene gave my wife 3 options: 1. pay for the Punch cigars again and when you receive the cigars back that I didn't order you will credit my account.
2. mail the cigars back and you will send the Punch cigars when you receive the cigars I did not order.
3. return the cigars and receive a credit after you receive the cigars I did not order.

All of these options are unacceptable. The common theme of all 3 options are you sent me cigars I did not order. You better believe I am selecting option number 3. I will never order from you again. I spent the extra m oney for the express shipping for the entire order. Why didn't you apologize for the minor error and make it right by sending out my correct order right away? Raylene told my wife this was your policy and the way that you had to complete the order. My wife called back and asked to speak to a manager. Raylene seemd put out and unwilling to help. She put my wife on indefinite hold twice.

I've done business with you for too long to be treated this way and it's my policy to not do business with disreputable companies. I am going to give you the option to make this right by sending the cigars that I have already ordered and paid for immediately, if not I will take my business elsewhere as well as share my experience with all my cigar smoking friends. I also expect a partial refund for the express shipping. Thank You in advance for your prompt response.

I am confused in the one post the husband is writing and his wife called.... in this post the wife is posting and her wife is calling? Is this some type of three way new age marriage?

Ya know, I started with buying at JR's and I smoke connies and they do offer some great brands at good prices at their B&M's plus I have to say.... walking into their humidors at the stores is kind of like walking into Oz......

When the Padron family starts to compare their cigars to JR's lines THEN maybe that would be something to talk about it. My rule of thumb with JR copy is that you know they are over-hyping something when they have printed something. In other words ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME!

They should sell cars. They could make more per unit and the exhaust would be about the same in many cases.

If you ever stop at their warehouse in NC you'd see that they Sell EVERYTHING to include the Kitchen Sink! I stopped last year while driving solo from Hilton Head back to DC and thought to myself- "what a great road break-get a cup of joe- buy a few cigars and smoke one...it'll be awesome!!" then I was delivered to what I can only equivocate to Cigar Smokers "Deliverance" (as in the movie)...this place is a huge and I mean HUGE pole barn building/warehouse filled to the gills with every item that has ever been sold by Billy Mays or any other shuckster from TV with a Large smoke in humidor in the back.... went in there and they had a good selection and a ton of staff on hand to help- bought a box of Partagas Series S and LGC Series R's and then decided to light up... within a second of the first puff I had a family of 4 (Mom and 3 kids all overweight and one trying to get his fingernail to his brain through his nose) asking me "Mr what kind of CEEEGARRRR is that?" and staring at me...they were the first of three such events...

If you're a people watcher it's your kinda place as you'll see all kinds...if you want to buy some sticks and have a quiet smoke it aint the place!

R

I've ordered from JR many times without much problem. We can all debate if the brands they carry are worth it, but I haven't had much problem with them. YMMV.

And also, is it just me or is this problem just a bit too minor to fly off the handle like that? I can get riled up too, but I'd hate to see you two when/if something major in your life goes wrong. Just my .02

I like Lew Rothman, owner of JR. I think he's funnier than hell. His catalogs, which he writes himself, are always worth reading and there's pearls of wisdom in each one. For instance, "A cigar is only as rare as a manufacturer wants it to be." And, "Zino Davidoff got top dollar for anything that went over his counter." Certainly he's self-serving and and old time huckster, but he doesn't hide it like many in this business. I doubt if there's anyone that knows as much about the cigar business as he does. Besides, he's a former Marine.

Doc.

I like Lew Rothman, owner of JR. I think he's funnier than hell. His catalogs, which he writes himself, are always worth reading and there's pearls of wisdom in each one. For instance, "A cigar is only as rare as a manufacturer wants it to be." And, "Zino Davidoff got top dollar for anything that went over his counter." Certainly he's self-serving and and old time huckster, but he doesn't hide it like many in this business. I doubt if there's anyone that knows as much about the cigar business as he does. Besides, he's a former Marine.

Doc.
My thoughts exactly.

I'd have to go find the law again, but it is my understanding that if a business sends you something you didn't order, you are under no obligation to return it, and they are still obligated to send you what you DID order as well.

I used to use JR's religiously when I first started my "habit" and never had a problem with them. Since then as the internet and the websales/websites have matured- JR's hasn't -their website is still a beast of the 90's. Now I did get some horrendously dry smokes and yes ole Lew fooled me into a couple boxes of cigars that weren't exactly the ray of sunshine he described...but thats part of the learning process... I agree with Doc that Lew's writings are quite funny and sometimes illuminating... but I don't purchase there anymore.

R

Don't use JR or Thompson, and I've never been disappointed by them. Go figure...

Lew is the comic relief of the cigar world. 'nuff said.