• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

juice for my humi.

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
So, I'm trying to go cheap for a while (not buying anything new, only shipping out a trade or lotto winning) so I can pay off more of college and my credit cards.

Problem is, ran out of 50/50 juice for my humi., can I exist/humidify on distilled water alone for a month or two? (6-8 weeks) Will it do a descent job of keeping my cigars a-O-K?

Personally I have never used the 50/50 solution and always just water. Hasn't created much problems for me - every now and then I have to leave the lid open for an hour or so to let out some of the humidity but otherwise works well enough for me. Course now I am having trouble getting it down to a 65-68%.

Sam

You should not use 50/50 on a regular basis anyway. The PG builds up and does not evaporate. Eventually the foam will not hold water. Use 50/50 about every two-three months topping off with distilled water between those times.

Matt R said:
You should not use 50/50 on a regular basis anyway. The PG builds up and does not evaporate. Eventually the foam will not hold water. Use 50/50 about every two-three months topping off with distilled water between those times.
What he said. In fact, 2-3 months might be too frequent. It's my understanding that PG has a very slow rate of evaporation. I generally do a light sprinkling of water on my credos about once a month, if that often. The humis need it more often than the coolerdors.

Also, find a nice friendly pharmacist when you need PG. I get mine from the pharm at the hospital, and pay about 5 bucks a pint. :)