• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just a note to say "Hi"!

LGCSoberano

Just want to post a little note and introduce myself to the group. My name is Lou Toth and I live on a little island called Shelter Island, about 90 miles east of NYC. I am 35, married (11 yrs.), have 3 boys, and work as a sous chef at Gardiner's Bay Country Club, which is a private golf club on the island.
I got into cigars about 10 years ago after my dad died (he smoked them, I always wish I could have lit one up with him). I prefer Churchills and Double Coronas, but have recently discovered the joys of Robustos. My favorite cigar is La Gloria Cubana, with the Soberano and Torpedo #1 being my current fave's.
I am very interested in joining a cigar pass one day and would appreciate all advice about this. This seems like a great way to make friends, with the added bonus of getting some different smokes. Where I live is very isolated so it is hard to find stogies, so I usually mail order boxes. I am taking a trip to NYC next Saturday with my oldest son to do a little Christmas shopping, and will probably wander into a few cigar stores. Can't wait!!
Well enough about me, I look forward to participating in this group.
Thank you,
Lou Toth

I knew if I gav you a little nudge you would post! Glad you joined thee friendliest cigar boards on the net. I know SmokinTone and Quito live in NY... Drop them a line before you go to the big city. So read the boards and get to posting. I am sure after we get to know you passing and trading with you will follow.

Emo

Hey welcome aboard Lou

Where in the city are you planning on hitting? I'd suggest Jr's on Madison and 47th, and some of the little places in Little Italy. Jr's will get better cigars, but sometimes those little guys have some decent smokes.

Anyways, next time your in the city, lemme know, maybe we can meet up and have a smoke. Lookin forward to seeing you in a pass

:D

I am planning on going to my old favorites, JR, Arnolds, De La Concha. I went to the JR outlet in Selma, NC last winter and holy cow, it was the best!

Welcome aboard Lou, Shelter Island huuuuuuuum. I have been there many times. Grew up on Long Island, West Islip / North Babylon and now live in New Mexico............ God I miss the ocean! :thumbs:

Welcome, Lou! :D I'm sure, once you're around for a while, you'll come to realize these guys/gals are the best! :) If there is a stick or two you wanna try, you'll get them without much effort.

Welcome again! ;)

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Hi Lou,

Sounds like an interesting place to live. Hang around, I think that you will find some great people, and fun topics. :D

Hi Lou, sit back, smoke one of your favorite cigars and start postin'..... :)

LGCSoberano said:
My favorite cigar is La Gloria Cubana, with the Soberano and Torpedo #1 being my current fave's.
Howdy Lou :) Welcome.

The Soberano is one of my fav's as well. I plan to put a coupla boxes back and let em hide for a few years.

Horse- I wish I had the willpower to do that! Thanks to all who said Hi, I feel welcome. Now...what to fire up???
Lou

Lou, welcome to CP. Hope you enjoy it here. Looks like you're already an acquaintance of Emo's...that's good enough credentials for me. If you want to get in on a pass, read the FAQ and read some of the completed and ongoing passes to get a feel for how it works. And then when the time comes, dive in.