• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

just discovered cigarbid!

CBid took all my money last night!!! Stay away!

I have never used CB, I have used CigarAuctioneer.com and bought a bunch of cigars months ago when money was plentiful. Damm that yearly IRS kickback

I look occasionally, put riducuously low bids on items, and then forget about it.
I think I have won 2 or 3 auctions in that fashion. Thing is, for what I smoke, the hammer prices are usually so close to CI's regular selling prices that I can definitely get better deals from my favorite vendors.

On the plus side, discovering Cbid is the first step to discovering Gurkhas and Indian Tabacs suck. ;)

~Boar

I was always curious about the Tabak I heard good things about them and always wanted to try them but was afraid to since they are a new name for me. I have a Gurkha Titan that was given to me by a CP member and is waiting to find the time to smoke it since alot of people say they suck, but everyone has thier own taste.

Like MadMonk said, bid low and only on things you really want. If you don't set limits you will end up with a bunch of 1-3 dollar sticks that you really never wanted. Also if you are looking to buy a box of something I would PM one of the vendors here on CP, I think you would be surprised at some of the prices.

As to Gurkhas, strip away the hype and prose then chop MSRP by 50-75% (which is standard at most major retailers), and they are average cigars on whole. I ended up with a 5er of Titans last year off Cbid and at the price I paid I am satisfied, but the only Gurkha that I really enjoy is the Micro Batch TPB-1 (boxed pressed lancero/lonsdale)

I will probably do that in the future, at the time I wasnt on CP that long and was still a newb and under the 4 month time frame.

Did a fast google and those lonsdales are a box of 20 for 59.99. Dammed moths in my pockets eating the lint. Will try a single when I get the cash for it.

Hope you have a goood job...
you're going to need one!

Alimony is cheaper!

Chemyst :cool:

I've bought my fair share there over the years. I check out the forums often, but I don't think I've won anything there in about 9 months or so. There's been a few tempting lots, but not enough to sucker me in. Like somebody else mentioned most of the stuff I smoke now I do just as well or better buying them outright on the CI mothership or elsewear. That and for a little while at least I'm concentrating my efforts on cigars you just can't get there no matter how high you bid. You can get some good buys there if you're patient though.

I've been blowing my dough there lately, too. That being said, I've gotten two boxes and 50-60 loose sticks in the past month with only around $160 spent, shipping included. Most weren't yard gars, either... Padilla, Diesel, Alec Bradley, etc. I confess, I bought a box of Gurkhas I've never tried - but, hey, for $1 a stick, if they suck I'll use 'em for padding for my good smokes!

Bobby

For one, you need $1-$2 sticks to give to your buddies that come over and take 2 puffs and leave it in the ashtray, but always want to smoke.

And then I'm not to adventurous- Padrons, Olivas, Comachos- or the wife is outta town and I'm looking for some strange........

I have resorted to intercepting the packages before my wife get a hold of it. Yes i am still in the closet :whistling:

For one, you need $1-$2 sticks to give to your buddies that come over and take 2 puffs and leave it in the ashtray, but always want to smoke.

And then I'm not to adventurous- Padrons, Olivas, Comachos- or the wife is outta town and I'm looking for some strange........

Now THAT word caught my attention!
wink.gif
What were you going to say?
unsure.gif
?
laugh.gif
Oh yeh, forgot we're on the 'Net.

I'll jumup on those ssshhhhHHH lots every now and again, but stay the Hell away from the site. :D