• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just finished this Humidor for a fellow BOTL here.

....and to think of all the people that tell new guys "don't bother with a desktop humi, build a coolidor" :rolleyes: . I'd give my left nut for one of these pieces of art.

I wouldn't say that no one needs a desktop, but you get one nice one as a piece of furniture to show and then a coolerdor for storage.

There's no replacement for something like this.

WOW !! Beautiful stuff. And not just because its made with care and love, but also the types of wood you use... the colors, the patterns... just seem to mesh together so well. Mkes me want to drive down to Tucson just to check out the process. Great stuff. Thank you for sharing :)

Thank you guys so much. I really enjoy building these and I've been fortunate to get my hands on some fantastic woods. If you like, PM me for more info. There will be a few more to see soon. I'll try to post a build of one but 1/2 the time I forget my camera at work. :blush:

One of the humi's I'm building is only a 50 ct but I'm building it with Kauri. This wood is certified 50,000 years old. It was preserved under a glacier for all this time. I'll have pics next week. :thumbs:

One of the humi's I'm building is only a 50 ct but I'm building it with Kauri. This wood is certified 50,000 years old. It was preserved under a glacier for all this time. I'll have pics next week. :thumbs:

Now THAT will be something to see. Can't wait.

BR

Your work is beautiful! Do you have any examples of black woods?

I have about 4 board feet of Gabon Ebony. It's jet black. That's the most expensive wood there is. It's about $100.00 a foot. I usually only use it for small accents. To build an entire desk top would be very costly. :thumbs:

Now THAT will be something to see. Can't wait.
347629755.jpg

BR

Here's a pic of the wood being used. It looks like a school of fish in the sun.
347510101.jpg