• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just get on the plane and go!

Johnny-O!

The Miami Herald outlined some new rules that go into affect tomorrow. Most of you should be able to get on the plane no questions asked. Can somebody do the linky-thingy? John

That is the one. Now there was a statement that said airlines that are currently flying there can fly there without a permit from OFAC. American and Jet Blue are the only regular airlines flying there under another charter companies license from OFAC, as of tomorrow they will not need it. I called American International 800-433-7300 and they said without hesitation "Yes" we will be selling tickets we just don't have a date yet. John

So, we go to a tobacco farm for the education requirement,and then we go to church for that religious experience we just had. Sounds like a plan.

Since we belong to this educational website group which publishes articles at various times I am thinking there is also a journalistic reason as well.......group trip?

I like your thinking golfgar! Seriously think it is possible to coordinate a trip and justify it. It depends on the Cuban govt approving the visa and putting forth a strong actual reason to visit along with cigars and rum!

The Cuban government does not need to approve the Visa. In the US side all you do is sign a form and date it and away you go! John

I seriously think a trip should be considered/planned if not 2015, 2016?

I've already told the wife we must go no latter than 2016... it would be great to meet up with a few & Herf, tour, etc...

Tried to book a room at some of the "better" hotels in Havana, no luck. Seems the winter months down there are nearly full to filled.
Here is Hosting site with families and info. $20.00 a night, some a bit higher.

Some provide food ect......

https://www.homestay.com/cuba

What a great idea.  Create a CP group trip.  Perfect!  Great cigars, and greater brothers and sisters gathered in the name of friendship and cigars.  It just doesn't get better.

Bayamos said:
Tried to book a room at some of the "better" hotels in Havana, no luck. Seems the winter months down there are nearly full to filled.
Here is Hosting site with families and info. $20.00 a night, some a bit higher.

Some provide food ect......

https://www.homestay.com/cuba
A few years ago I heard that if you find the place to stay with families, the food was great and the people very hospitable.  Myself and another friend were seriously planning a trip but it bombed out after we had airline tickets to Mexico purchased.  Personally I still want to go, supposedly great bass fishing too! 

I wanted to go for some of the winter but, couldn't get a room for 30 days in a hotel, they were booked.

If someone can figure out the logistics for a group herf down there, I'm definitely in....
:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

At the moment there isn't a classification from OFAC to let US citizens fly there. For example, those that go to visit family go on a "A4-General Family Visa". It seems that in the next few days/weeks OFAC would come up with the classifications, be it A8, A10 or something like that. So at the moment there isn't a possibility. I know the press went all out to let you know that you could go there but the details haven't been finalized. Sen Kerry's group is in Havana these days to sort out some details. I would guess they should have everything by the end of the month. If anyone needs help arranging things I'll try to help the best I can. Putting together a herf will not be easy, especially if it gets big. John  

Johnny-O! said:
At the moment there isn't a classification from OFAC to let US citizens fly there. For example, those that go to visit family go on a "A4-General Family Visa". It seems that in the next few days/weeks OFAC would come up with the classifications, be it A8, A10 or something like that. So at the moment there isn't a possibility. I know the press went all out to let you know that you could go there but the details haven't been finalized. Sen Kerry's group is in Havana these days to sort out some details. I would guess they should have everything by the end of the month. If anyone needs help arranging things I'll try to help the best I can. Putting together a herf will not be easy, especially if it gets big. John  

Very much appreciated and it sounds awesome... I have personal time to burn this year and would love for some of it to be in Cuba...

While more travel is permitted to Cuba, tourism is still not allowed. The. Cultural exchange visits are very strictly regulated. I wouldn't show up in Cuba saying your visiting a tobacco farm without some set itinerary