• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just get on the plane and go!

Lotta students and University administrators making these trips now. On my last flight it was University of Norfolk (VA) on the way down and Alabama on the way back. But they are getting these people at a premium $2000-$4000 for a week stint+ luggage and airport fees. I went for $350 and I feel that's pricey. I don't see US travelers going there soon, Cuba is hitting the STALL button. John

Johnny-O! said:
Lotta students and University administrators making these trips now. On my last flight it was University of Norfolk (VA) on the way down and Alabama on the way back. But they are getting these people at a premium $2000-$4000 for a week stint+ luggage and airport fees. I went for $350 and I feel that's pricey. I don't see US travelers going there soon, Cuba is hitting the STALL button. John

When did you go for 350?

Also there are other options for visiting cuba.  Going via a different country is illegal but can be done.

Just got some unfortunate news as I think this is falling apart. American Airlines has been said to be backing out of negotiations as Cuba is requesting a $200 landing fee per passenger. American said that those fees are not in place in their other Caribbean destinations and would not be interested. Sorry fellas, looks like this is going to be on the back burner for a while. Meanwhile, there are plenty of US passenger groups going down there on those $3000 trips. John 

Johnny-O! said:
Just got some unfortunate news as I think this is falling apart. American Airlines has been said to be backing out of negotiations as Cuba is requesting a $200 landing fee per passenger. American said that those fees are not in place in their other Caribbean destinations and would not be interested. Sorry fellas, looks like this is going to be on the back burner for a while. Meanwhile, there are plenty of US passenger groups going down there on those $3000 trips. John 
I wonder if obviously doomed demands like these are, at least in large part,a way to ride out the spike in tourism I was reading about this morning. Lots of non-U.S. tourists wanting to get there "before the Americans bring Starbucks and McDonald's".

No...

This is not atypical in dealings with Cuban leadership... nothings going to change. 

Cuba is requesting x,y,z reparations from the US in several areas...

This whole thing is a no-go IMO...

Travelzoo just posted a 5 day trip to Cuba for $2900. I seems this is the route Cuba prefers to take...overpriced authorized trips. They have the balls to say it was reduced $1400. John

insightcuba.com is also selling $3000-$4000 trips. Would not surprise me if the site is run by the government of Cuba. John

Just got an email from travelzoo.com:

Thailand 11 nights hotel/air-$1600
Portugal 6 nights hotel/air-$750
Bali 9 nights hotel/air-$2000 this is one of the most difficult places in the world to get to
Cuba 6 nights hotel/air-$2700

John

Let's face it, Cuba wants their money up front...$200 Landing Fee, Airport Fee, Luggage Fee, additional hotel fees, 'Government sponsored trips', etc. No one is going there unless they make sure they get paid first. Period. And like typical Communist Castro bravado, they ask for the Moon like the place is a virtual Shangri La. Remember, this is not about spreading the wealth within the country to get them back on their feet, it's about the Castros feeding their bank accounts...and screw the people. So basically, nothing has changed in 56 years. 

With a government system set up like that, there is no way they're getting a penny of my money. You guys can tell me all about it when you get back.

Go to Thailand. More money for cigars and hookers. Plus you can fly through Dubai and shop for CCs there.