• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just list my house with ReMax - Contest

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
The wife and I have been throwing/kicking/batting around the idea of listing our house and purchasing another one. Yea, I know that talk is cheap.

Well, I finally got my a$$ in gear and called a realtor. He goes to our church and was highly recommended by several people.

They, yes there was a pair of them, showed up last evening to talk things over. I was very impressed with their presentation and the way they handled themselves. They did bring up the point that we get 2 for the price of 1.

They asked what I thought I could get for the house. I told them the guy next door just sold and got $150,000 and I figured that is about what I could get.

They proceeded to show me the 10-page comparative market analysis they had already prepared. Showing us the properties in and around the area that have sold in the last 2 months. Highlighting the good things about my place and pointing out the few items I need to fix (which can all be fixed in a single weekend). :p

Their average listing/selling time is 39 days. They list their houses at realistic prices to sell in a reasonable time and get the seller the best selling price.

They talked a little more and then told us the listing price we needed to put on our house. They came in with a price of $170,000. Oh yeah. :D

I was told the major selling factor would be the new laminate floors that I just installed myself last year.

And yes, there is a lock box hanging on the front door. The house officially goes on the market today.

Now I need to really start packing up stuff and getting this place a little un-cluttered. :0

Now for the contest.

Guess the date and time that I am given an offer that I accept. This is not the time that I accept the offer, but the time the offer is presented to me.

Anyone can make a guess, contest is open to all
One guess per person, no editing of posts.
Closest guess to the date and time without going over wins.

Winner will get a nice little sampler. ;)

Offer turned in at 14:00 July 8th, offer accepted on your new place 16:00 28 June.

Just trying to double up the prize. :D

June 30th at 6:00pm

Thanks for the contest

I wish you luck on the sale. If you need mortgage info for the new house just ask I know a few great mortgage reps in FL. Or if you have any questions about a mortgage you can ask me I no longer am on the sales side so I have nothing to gain so I will give honest advise.

July 14th @11:30 AM

Thanks for the contest and good luck on the house!!!

Real estate is smokin' hot these days. My mom sold the old family home last year, and she got an offer 20K over the asking price....in eleven days.

You'll get the magic offer on or before June 29th, 1500 hrs.....:cool:

Thanks for the contest, and the very best of luck with the house...!!

Regards - B.B.S.

June 30, 4pm. Good luck with the moving and selling and purchasing of a new place!

July 9th 3:47 PM (just had to make an odd time)

They asked what I thought I could get for the house. I told them the guy next door just sold and got $150,000 and I figured that is about what I could get.

Oh and by the way . . . that would not even get you a shanty crack house infested with rats here in CA. I bought my house over 3 years ago for 220,000.00 and it was built in the 1950's. It is just under 1500 sq. ft. on a fairly good sized lot. Now comps in my area are selling for 360,000.00!!! Can you beleive that!

Good luck on the sale/purchase. We are looking into doing the same as well. When we get more seriious I think I will do the same contest. :thumbs:

JAEwing said:
July 9th 3:47 PM (just had to make an odd time)

Oh and by the way . . . that would not even get you a shanty crack house infested with rats here in CA. I bought my house over 3 years ago for 220,000.00 and it was built in the 1950's. It is just under 1500 sq. ft. on a fairly good sized lot. Now comps in my area are selling for 360,000.00!!! Can you beleive that!

Good luck on the sale/purchase. We are looking into doing the same as well. When we get more seriious I think I will do the same contest. :thumbs:
[snapback]192672[/snapback]​

North Jersey is like this too. Crazy prices

You couldn't even buy my plot o'land for that. our market jumped the price 200K+ in just 2 years.

So if FL is like CA in the market right now....
my guess is.....

Monday June 13th at 1730 hrs