• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just thinking out loud.

I think the reference to buy a cooler is for one reason. It is the cheapest most effective form of storing your cigars. You don't even need beads. Coolers come in all sizes from the six can ones to the large marine ones. I continue to keep several coolers on hand.

I'm glad we are able to discuss this out loud without anyone having a canary.

Is there something wrong with being a canary enthusiast? Don't judge me.

canary.jpg

:p :)

I've always thought the Welcome! Now go buy BIG! suggestion referenced in the above quote was a disservice to new enthusiasts. Many never make the cut and eventually fade away - and are stuck with an inventory they likely let go to waste after spending gobs of dough. Or they do stay in the hobby and are left holding onto inventory that possibly is similar to the Cigar Aficionado suggested crap I once held onto. My personal suggestion to new enthusiasts is to spend a loooooong time making regular visits to B&M's and buying only enough singles to keep a 25 count humidor filled up. Sample everything, figure out their taste range and make some friends with their local shop owners. Slow and steady.

Instead of going home to smoke the cigars one just picked up, do it at the B&M shop. Start the local network out right. Learn all you can from the shop and its customers. You never know what you may find out and try it. Then realize you love a certain cigar that you may or may not have purchased. I spent as much time at the local B&M shop during my years at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln studying as I did at the school. LOL!!! I learned so much from hanging around the shop smoking the recent cigar I purchased. I learned a lot about Pipes as well. The wealth of information I had access to was amazing. Then many years later I joined CP and its been a fun ride since. But always take the time to hang out at your local cigar shop if you can smoke a cigar there and meet new folks. Never know what character you will run into next. Especially if you are new to the cigar world :thumbs:

That is one thing I missed about not having the CP Chat Room any more. I interacted with a lot of the membership this way. But I understand why Rod killed the chat room but I still miss being able to chat to such and such there like I did while I was in Russia back in 2008.

I am jealous. I do not have a local B&M shop. I wish I could drop in, pick up a new smoke, smoke with others, and learn.

The closest I get to that is here. I tend to find the B/S/T board as my local B&M, to grap a sampler I can not get any where else near me. But I have also found several great vendors here and to be honest that is where I get 95% of my cigars; is through them.

I've always thought the Welcome! Now go buy BIG! suggestion referenced in the above quote was a disservice to new enthusiasts. Many never make the cut and eventually fade away - and are stuck with an inventory they likely let go to waste after spending gobs of dough. Or they do stay in the hobby and are left holding onto inventory that possibly is similar to the Cigar Aficionado suggested crap I once held onto. My personal suggestion to new enthusiasts is to spend a loooooong time making regular visits to B&M's and buying only enough singles to keep a 25 count humidor filled up. Sample everything, figure out their taste range and make some friends with their local shop owners. Slow and steady.

Instead of going home to smoke the cigars one just picked up, do it at the B&M shop. Start the local network out right. Learn all you can from the shop and its customers. You never know what you may find out and try it. Then realize you love a certain cigar that you may or may not have purchased. I spent as much time at the local B&M shop during my years at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln studying as I did at the school. LOL!!! I learned so much from hanging around the shop smoking the recent cigar I purchased. I learned a lot about Pipes as well. The wealth of information I had access to was amazing. Then many years later I joined CP and its been a fun ride since. But always take the time to hang out at your local cigar shop if you can smoke a cigar there and meet new folks. Never know what character you will run into next. Especially if you are new to the cigar world :thumbs:

That is one thing I missed about not having the CP Chat Room any more. I interacted with a lot of the membership this way. But I understand why Rod killed the chat room but I still miss being able to chat to such and such there like I did while I was in Russia back in 2008.

There is no chat!