• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kauai Cigar Co........yep, heard that right!

Thanks for the review Charlie and a HUGE thanks for letting me smoke one of these little beauties. EVERYTHING Charlie says about these new sticks is very very true. I think my description of this cigar was "Tastes like day break rain". I was a little skeptical only until I lit this thing up. OMG! The best part i that I'm getting ready to spend 14 days on Kauai. Take that Sir Charles! :laugh: :laugh: :sign:

Thanks for the review Charlie and a HUGE thanks for letting me smoke one of these little beauties. EVERYTHING Charlie says about these new sticks is very very true. I think my description of this cigar was "Tastes like day break rain". I was a little skeptical only until I lit this thing up. OMG! The best part i that I'm getting ready to spend 14 days on Kauai. Take that Sir Charles! :laugh: :laugh: :sign:

I was sending you a PM as you were posting this! :sign:

Enjoy Kauai my friend! Two weeks is what I should have done...............should be harvest time soon! :whistling:

So I just returned home from two weeks in Kauai. I happened to stop by a local store and noticed these Kauai Cigars. I grabbed a couple and noticed that they didn’t have a price on them. I figured they couldn’t be that bad of a price, what the hell. So I get to the cash register and they come up as a total of $49.99 for THREE cigars...WTF!!!

A couple of days pass by and I figure what the hell I would smoke one. I clipped the cigar and it smelled like a fresh cucumber...Freaking weird but the honest to god truth...That was about as good as it got from there. I am not one to put out a cigar especially if I paid a good amount of money on it. It had no taste at all and smelled like I was burning cardboard. I couldn’t get past the initial two inches of this "Dark Prince" cigar. Good thing I had fifty other cigars back at the hotel in my travel humi to comfort the pain of having to smoke one of these cigars.

So I just returned home from two weeks in Kauai. I happened to stop by a local store and noticed these Kauai Cigars. I grabbed a couple and noticed that they didn’t have a price on them. I figured they couldn’t be that bad of a price, what the hell. So I get to the cash register and they come up as a total of $49.99 for THREE cigars...WTF!!!

A couple of days pass by and I figure what the hell I would smoke one. I clipped the cigar and it smelled like a fresh cucumber...Freaking weird but the honest to god truth...That was about as good as it got from there. I am not one to put out a cigar especially if I paid a good amount of money on it. It had no taste at all and smelled like I was burning cardboard. I couldn’t get past the initial two inches of this "Dark Prince" cigar. Good thing I had fifty other cigars back at the hotel in my travel humi to comfort the pain of having to smoke one of these cigars.

J-

If you want send back the sticks you have along with the proof of purchase they will refund your money or replace the sticks with new ones. Your choice. They stand behind their product 100% and want to be sure you are 100% satisfied.

Kauai Cigar Co.
6200B Kawaihau Rd.
Kapaa, HI 96746

Sorry you did not enjoy them.:(

Thanks for the info. I have a couple left over and I am going to let them rest for a while before I smoke them. Maybe it was the fact that they had been sitting inside a small store with no humidification at all for an unknown amount of time. Besides I need something to remind me of the islands till I can go back next year... :D

I had the chance to smoke the dark Momona yesterday and found it quite enjoyable. Just like Charley said, there is a distinctive red dirt taste but for some odd reason it is a good thing. The cigar burned even and produced a long light grey ash. Easy draw, a very big plus for my likes, and large volumes of smoke. I'm anxious to try the lighter one next.

Stinki

I had the chance to smoke the dark Momona yesterday and found it quite enjoyable. Just like Charley said, there is a distinctive red dirt taste but for some odd reason it is a good thing. The cigar burned even and produced a long light grey ash. Easy draw, a very big plus for my likes, and large volumes of smoke. I'm anxious to try the lighter one next.

Stinki

Ok, mine will get the torch this week sometime.

Great review, Charlie! It was nice catching up with you earlier today!

Best,

Rob

I'll scoop a box for 20 bucks, why the hell not?

PM sent!

lol I'm pretty sure that was 19.99 for ONE :whistling:

Hahaha, wierd, I read that totally differently!

'many folks come in asking the same questions, buy one, smoke it and come back to buy a box. The price..............$19.99!?!?!?!?! WTF?! That can't be that good?!'

Is it just me, or does that read 1999 a box? At 20$ a piece I've got a few other options I'd rather jump on, at a buck a stick tho? =)

Dude, you shoulda just stuck with the first post. That was funny. Now you just sound dumb.

:sign:

I hate these emoticons.

Stinki

Excuse me.... I'm Charley........he's Charlie...!

Stinki

Sorry, I forgot all the other names you called him also. :cool:

Stinki

Sorry, I forgot all the other names you called him also. :cool:

Go easy Gents! I don't see what preceded this but rest assured it won't be pleasant when you receive your comeuppance!

And Charley............freakin' learn how to spell your name right! Sheesh!

I smoked one of these at the shop. It was the "Dark" Robusto. The first half inch was a little rough, but after that it opened up very nicely. And the construction was absolutely perfect. I don't think I ever smoked a cigar with better construction. I lit it once and never had to re-lite it, and that includes setting it down a few times to help some customers. The burn was razor sharp. These guys know how to roll some cigars!

You have to consider that the high prices may be due to the fact that they're grown in the U.S., cured in the U.S., then shipped to Nicaragua, and then shipped back to Hawaii. I believe they also have a higher tobacco tax than most states (I could be wrong though). I'm guessing that if they were to come to the mainland, they would be cheaper in states with a lower tobacco tax.

I wish these guys good luck in their business.

Had mine day before yesterday. It was a wonderful smoke, but not a $35 smoke. I'd buy another next time I'm in the islands if they open this one up a bit. As a curio in a tourist trap, not so much.

Had mine day before yesterday. It was a wonderful smoke, but not a $35 smoke. I'd buy another next time I'm in the islands if they open this one up a bit. As a curio in a tourist trap, not so much.
Your's cost $35? What was it?

Too late now, since I destroyed the evidence. It was a gift from my son, picked up while he was on the Big Island. I think he told me he paid something like 30 bucks for it.

Too late now, since I destroyed the evidence. It was a gift from my son, picked up while he was on the Big Island. I think he told me he paid something like 30 bucks for it.
He is attempting to impress the big boss, I think the most you would pay is around $20. :D

Brian

I just found out yesterday that if we were to carry them in our shop here in California, the "Dark" Robusto would run about $24 or so. If it's true that he's planning on doing the rolling at his plantation in Hawaii, it might be able to bring the prices down due to the savings in the shipping.